Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 Monark John Boat value

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Jon boat to convert to a duck boat. I’m filling out the tax paperwork but did not get a bill of sale for the purchase (I know, shame on me). Anyway, I can use the “Fair Market Value” to determine what I need to pay for taxes to the state of Illinois.

I’m struggling to find a Fair Market Value for a 1975 Jon Boat on NADA as my model (John boat) is not available for selection on there. There’s no other model info on the title either. Does anyone know where I could find the FMV for a 1975 John boat?

thanks in advance!

Let's see, your boat is 44 years old. 44 bucks sounds fair to me. The tax people won't tell you if that's too high.
    BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

scrap aluminum is $.23 per pound

assume the boat weighs 300#

so $69
      Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
      1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
      2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
      1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Probably $300 or so is what I would put down.. Depends if Illinois is one of those states that will check and deem a fair market value if they don't trust what you put down. They would likely use the value from a similar boat and it's not hard to find Jon boat prices as long as your not brand specific
        1961 Custom Craft Sea Ray- 1964 Mercury 650. In family since new.

Comment

IN NJ they would want you to pay sales tax on the FMV. So $50 is the most I would declare. In NJ no one would question that amount for such an old boat.

Comment

Working...
          X