1990 Cajun fish and ski bilge pump

Zack19919853

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Is there away to test the bilge pump the boats been sitting for years want to make sure everything is good to go! Also if it needs to be replaced can I get a bigger one or does it have to be the same size and does it have to be in the exact same spot? Thank you all for you answers!!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Please remember not to post to topics w no new posts in the last 90days.

What topic did you 'find'?

Its not about your Cajun, even if same year and model, so you'd be better off posting to this topic about your Cajun.

Asking about your boat in someone else's topic is comsidered a hijack and is best to be avoided

Zack19919853

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok thanks man for the info.. I didn't post on it though lol I did on one but it was asking a different question concerning the same topic.. but I did not know its pretty much considered hijack! lol good to know it was about someone wanting to know what gph they should use and if should get two or not.. I pretty much just going to get an extra and test these two I have and see if they work if not replace then buy a 1500 or 2000 gph for emergency back up!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Yes you can get a bigger pump, no problem. It's best to replace it where the original pump was. No matter how many pumps you install it can only drain what the drain line max copacity is unless you install a 2nd line.. Usually the lowest area of the bilge to get the max. amount of water out.

Last edited: