buying boat out state problem

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Please stop advocating illegal activities. It seems Kevin has some common sense and is trying to take care of this legally.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Kevin said he isn't doing what you suggest, so drop it!

kevinlboat

Cadet
thank for all the information guy.. i will update the situation in next week. im waiting for maryland DNR

briangcc

Commander
I'm still unsure why you are going through Maryland for this. You're in OH correct? So to register it in OH print out the OH Bill of Sale, fill it out completely (minus the signature), put a post-it on the line where the seller needs to endorse it, include a letter explaining the issue, include return envelope & postage, and send it certified to the seller as you have all their info.

They should get the point then. Otherwise you'll need to chat with the DMV to see what they actually require after explaining the entire situation again.

There may be other avenues, ie. court, depending on what your state allows/requires.

kevinlboat

Cadet
because in ohio do not accept the bill of sale . they give to me. they need a new one. the seller dont want anything to do with it. in ohio you cant not register until you have the title in hand.

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
Find a friend in a nearby state that requires title only (no Bill of sale )and title it to him then have him sell it to you with a bill of sale

kpg7121

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The husband signed his wife's name on the title? That's forgery which should void the sale. I'd get a lawyer to write them a letter demanding your money back. Probably cost you a couple hundred bucks. Don't count on some beauracrat to help you. Btw, what the hell kind of people are they anyway? They sound like real winners. In the future never pay cash for anything such as a boat. Always use a cashier's check to cya.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Mod comments arent up for debate, the OP has chosen not to follow your advice, and I too would choose not to follow it. Nor would I post suspect advice on an open forum. Do as you wish w your affairs.

STOP PUSHING IT ON OTHERS
DO YOU HEAR OUR POSITION ON IT NOW? CLEARLY?

Consider this your only warning
Apologies to Kevin et al, a certain member has been shown out the door.

kevinlboat

Cadet
just send the tittle back to maryland DNR , they said will not need a bill of sale. finally the seller send me a bill a sell . just a simple bill of sale. not sure if they accept or not..in ohio.

do any one from maryland ... it been a week but not see anything yet.. how long do i need to wait for their process ?

briangcc

Commander
That's a great question.....for Maryland DNR. Only they can answer where you are in the process.

kevinlboat

Cadet
i have to go get Maryland title first . and get it transfer to Ohio. but i got another problem with Ohio is my model on the boat it wrong . i have to back to Ohio tittle office again tomorrow ...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Don't you just love dealing with any government agency. I'm glad you are making some headway. I hope this comes to an end for you soon. 3500 bucks isn't chump change. The best of luck to you.