New boat - hull wax ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat - hull wax ?

Ordered a new boat - arrives end of the month (hopefully so I get a month of use this year)
    This is new hull - no oxidation.
    Years ago I would have used Collinite FleetWax, but swapped to Meguiars Flagship Marine Wax (M6316) ... so much easier to use and great shine.

Is there anything better out there - or shall I stick to this for the new boat.
    Its new - so no dispute over shine, so it is protection that is key (at this point)
    4.9% of the UK population live in Wales, the rest just wish they did.

I find its best to talk to the dealer first. With a lot of the new paints and composites out now, there are some waxes that don't work as well as they used to. Find out if there are any restricted waxes/chemicals for your hull warranty and go from there.

Comment

I have raised a support Q with manufacturer- I'll see what they advise (or advise against)

Comment

Nothing beats Fleetwax for protection.

Fleetwax is a lot of work to apply two coats but it’s the only wax I’ve found that lasts all season in saltwater.

Comment

I used to use Fleetwaxbut found Meguiars surpasses it on easy of use and on longevity - but there may be something better than Meguiars .... things evolve.

Comment

Working...
          X