Faria Tach pigtail

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
2002 boat with TCC007A 3 ¼" tach. Existing has individual lugged wire connections. Replacement has 4 (male) pin connector. Really need some help on identifying the part number of a female (pin) pigtail to adapt or a seller of such.

Thanks,
Mark

bchaney

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have you tried calling Faria or whoever you bought the pigtail from?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

alldodge

Staff member
The folks selling the gauge are also selling the pig tail, or at least I found them there when looking. Didn't post links becuase they are a competitor

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
The folks selling the gauge are also selling the pig tail, or at least I found them there when looking. Didn't post links becuase they are a competitor

Well sir, you sell the pigtail? I have been all over the www and can't find anybody responding to "HNO356".

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi
mayne not the case anymore but I’m sure faria used to replace faulty gauges for only the price of postage.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
no idea. Got a priority mail bubble wrap envelope with either the meter or the temperature meter from another company. I think it was the thermometer and I have it mounted and checked out.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Well i got the pigtail. Faria had to describe the number and Great lakes sold it too.....once they knew what to sell me.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Part got in this afternoon got her wired up everything on the tach checked out but other than needle going to zero when power is applied, which it is supposed to do and not recording rpms. I checked the regulator output and it was only 1.5 volts open circuit. Somewhere I read it had to be at least 2v to trigger the tach. Ohming out the circuit I got a diode indication which one would expect.

I didn't suspect a problem with the rectifier/regulator module as it was putting out 14.5v on a fully charged battery at 1500 rpms...measured with a laser, digital hand held tach. Never saw a schematic on the circuit in the module so have no idea as to what is involved in the tach signal delivery. Thought it was just taken right off the rectifiers and was just measuring the ripple voltage and 2 volts or so sounds pretty good for a 6 element stator into a bridge rectifier.

Rectifier/regulator was 25 bucks, free shipping and delivery within the week. Going out tomorrow anyway on the shakedown cruise. Just wanted to know the WOT RPMS but if I get ansi I can pop the bonnet and measure with one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand with the digital laser....see if I can hold still long enough to get a reading. Having the laser put a dot on the spot read so I can see if I'm hitting the reflective tape applied to the flywheel helps.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Does sound like it wired correctly, now just fine tuning