Humber Jewel Questions

Humber70

Recruit
Hi, new guy here. I am purchasing a 1970 Humber Jewel. It currently has a 40hp Mercury on it and takes a lot to get on plane. Where can I find out information on this boat? length, weight, Preferred HP.... will a 50 be good or do I need to go to a 60?
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
They are quite the little performer and should work well with 40 hp.-------But step # 1 is to make sure your motor is running properly.----Myself I would run one of those with 60 HP or even more.------Your location in Canada ????

Humber70

Recruit
Just East of Bobcaygeon. I was thinking a 60 as well. Too bad outboards cant be test driven! I am also looking to get the hull and deck refinished. It looks like it was painted in it's last restoration which has now faded of course. looking to keep costs down for this old boat but want it to look and perform decently.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Someone had the molds and tried to resurrect these fun boats a few years ago.-----Could not compete with modern factories I think.----Finding a few old time dealers ( Muskoka area ) may get you information on the performance.----I would go with a 3 cylinder 70 HP mid 80's with power trim / tilt.