Best site for boat resale?

oldjeep

Admiral
With Craigslist and all the other online options, including tossing it out front on your lawn with a for sale sign, you get the joy of dealing with every dreamer, tire kicker, low baller out there. Plus a lot of no shows.

To me, giving the broker a small percentage of the sale so I don't have to deal with that nonsense is a no brainer. Or I'd just trade it in. My time and sanity is worth something too.

But to each their own. If you like going through that and being told how wrong you are on your price, so be it.

Last boat I sold on CL there were 3 people who emailed about it the first week. First guy came out and bought it. Your mileage may vary, but if you put together a decent ad with a firm price and a statement that all purchases are in person then you can eliminate most of the idiots.

And any broker around here is just a middle man who is going to be bringing people to where your boat is (garage) - so what is the benefit?

jkust

Rear Admiral
My current boat as I mentioned I bought on CL. It is a popular model for the size of the lakes here in MN and not many come up for sale. There wre so many interested people in the boat that he ended up taking appointments for the day he took it out of winter storage. There were 7 people in his cul de sac waiting to look at the boat but I had the first appointment.

oldjeep

Admiral
Like the earlier post about everyone's differing opinion on condition, I suspect there are quite a few differing opinions on what a "little hit" is. $500 would be too much for me to give away to do it your way. I suspect you're considering a few thousand to be a "little hit".

And the boat the OP is talking about selling is in the 45-60K range depending on what it actually is. A 6-10% broker fee runs into some real money.

clyroden

Cadet
Craigslist would be a good start although I think selling there would be a hit or miss since some of the buyers are wary of items in Craiglist for its reputation when it comes to their perspective of the items' condition.