Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Private Messages

We are aware of a current issue where your messages screen does not properly load and we are working on a fix.

In the interim, you can access you messages by navigating to this link: https://forums.iboats.com/privatemessage/notification

Apologies for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

Tell me what this is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me what this is?

Got a 2014 Mercruiser Mag 350 5.7 L. Was chasing down another problem and I saw a small rectangular box that had Bennett 350V or V350 from memory. Looks like it has transmission fluid in it. What is it and how do I top up the fluid that f required? Thanks and sorry for the dumb question

Got hydraulic trim tabs? Probably the reservoir for the juice.

Don't know what it uses for fluid.
    BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

As ga_boater says it sounds like a Bennett trim tab pump and resevoir.
      Any automatic transmission fluid will work.
      I think you have to take the smoked colored plastic cover off to get at the fill hole.
      With trim tabs fully retracted, proper fluid level is about 2" from bottom of reservoir.
      1980 Sylvan Aluminum 18' Sportster I/O - Mercruiser 140, Honda 7.5 Kicker, Bennett M120 Tabs
      1974 Glastron V-179, Mercruiser 140
      1984 16.5ft. Alumarine Sealark side console with 82 Merc 50
      Manitoba, Canada

Comment

Jdwilli

Bennett v 351 is coming up the easiest with a quick online search such as parts, installation, etc..
        Owner's Manual - Bennett Marine
        Periodically, check fluid level in HPU. With trim tabs completely retracted, fluid level should be about 2" from bottom of reservoir (approximately 22 ounces). To refill, remove lexan cover and filler plug located at the front left hand corner of the reservoir. fill with any type automatic transmission fluid (ATF) only.

OEM Quality Gear Lubes And Greases Available @ iboats.com 'By Bel-Ray Marine Lubricants -- BOAT SPECS -- FORUM GUIDELINES -- Volvo, OMC & Merc Stern Drive Technical Information For DIYers. -- OEM VOLVO PARTS POWERED BY iBOATS.COM -- All OEM Parts / Parts Lookup Now Available Through iboats.com --

Comment

Thanks ya’ll, got it

Comment

Working...
          X