water not draining in engine compartment

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
2001 Searay Sundeck 210. inboard/outboard motor. In the rear of the hull, on the port side, the batteries and power steering resovoir sit, elevated above the motor. water is sitting about a few inches deep there, all the time. Its super impossible to get back there to check if there is a drainage hole that is clogged. Does anyone know if there is a drainage hole back there? Its tough to wedge myself into that little opening. Thanks...

alldodge

Staff member
I doubt if there is a drain. Most cases it gets drained when the boat leans enough to dump it in the bilge.

Here's mine (not a searay) on the starboard side, and it use to be flat until I did transom repair

Photo1328.jpg

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks AllDodge- I assume there is nothing to worry about if there is some water stuck there?

alldodge

Staff member
I would say in most cases no. The place is usually gel coated so water won't do much of anything. If it stays long enough without fresh getting to it it might start to smell, but mine never has. Just think about it every now and then and get everyone over to the starboard side to lean it enough to dump into the bilge. Either that or a hard slow turn