Duranautic - Saltwater and

remarksf

Cadet
I am seeing a DURANAUTIC 18 foot aluminum boat for sale and am tempted to buy it. All I see on this forum is positives about DURNAUTIC, and this seems in very good shape. I had a few questions, not sure if anyone more experienced could help a bit?

1) I can't find any specs on the 18' and have reached out to the company. It seems the 14' is rated for 770 pounds 5 people , the 16' for 915 pounds 7 people, so I am guessing 18' is for 1040 pounds and 8, maybe 9 people. Weight is probably 400 pounds, and the max horsepower on the 16' was 40 hp. Am I making sense on weight/people? Also, for a boat this size, we would be going only 2-3 miles at a time, with 4-5-6 people most of the time, what type of horsepower would people recommend?

2) Should I be concerned at all about saltwater with a Durantech? People seem to use them in saltwater as far as I can read, but is there anything I need to do, and can I leave it in the water for some days or do I need to take our and rinse, etc.?

Basically we would be using this on a flat, shallow bay, with little chop, shallow waters, more as a quick way to get to a beautiful spot (2 miles away) and want to minimize maintenence.

Thanks so much in advance!