Lund 2002 Pro-V 1900 IPS

guyrichter

Cadet
Just bought this boat without trying it out (long story). It's in great shape and has a 200 hp Yamaha 4 stroke and 8 hp kicker. Seems too heavy in the back. Won't track straight at idle/trolling speed. Always over steering. Trimming up the motor helps, but not much. Also could put weight in the bow (not my first choice). Could trade out for a newer/lighter 150 hp, but might cost too much. Anybody else have similar experience? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Stop over steering it and it you'll find it's a great boat as is,...

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
Pull your trolling motor off and see how much that changes things. It will probably improve drastically. Then you will have an idea what weight changes you’ll need to still be able to have your trolling motor on. Weight up front will help but the weight hanging off the transom is an issue. My boat is similar in length a little deeper and heavier with the trolling motor on back I loose about 6 to 8 mph and stability’s no wear near as good however I can have triple the weight of that evenly placed in the boat and not loose any speed or handling.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
A friend of mine has the same boat a couple years newer. Only difference is he has a 200 Yammi 2-stroke, same trolling motor.

The 2-stroke is probably a little lighter than the 4-stroke but I can't imagine by much. I've never heard him complaining about having to over steer at slow speeds. And at wide open throttle we can run side by side at 50 mph and not even think about it.