R.I.P. iboats Member Tabman

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldodge

Staff member
Just read on the Formula Forum that Tabman passed away recently. Didn't get any details, but he will be missed

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
That is sad, he was a fantastic customer service member and will surely be missed on all the forums he was on

Fun Times

Staff member
Super sad to read this news!

Tabman's a great help to many boating members of the internet and will surely be missed.
Looking back, Tabman's Last Activity here was November 27, 2018 10:22 AM.:(

Found some info,
https://bennetttrimtabs.com/2018/12/05/farewell-tabman/
[h=5]Bennett Marine[/h] December 5, 2018 ·

This week Bennett Marine lost a personal friend and an outstanding employee. Tom McGow, also known in many online boating forums as "Tabman" had been going above and beyond to help boaters for years. He was well known in the industry for providing exemplary product support for Bennett, but also for taking conversations to a deeper, personal level. For Tom, it was genuinely and simply about helping guys out, one boater to another. He will be surely missed!
Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Oh no. I was about to mention Tabman in a recent tab thread.

RIP Tabman, you will be and are missed.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
He helped me a couple of times. Sad news for sure. He ALWAYS responded to queries.

southkogs

Staff member
Thank you guys for letting us know. Condolences to the family. Tom was a great asset around here and he will be sorely missed.

harringtondav

Commander
...sorry that I never read his posts/advice. But I still stand up and salute. Sage good guys keep help us all. Rest well in the afterlife.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Tom set the bar, for customer service,......

I knew Tom from here as well as many other boatin' sites over the years,.....

Also helped him out, over at DIY Chatroom a few years back,....

Calm seas Tom,..... You are missed,........

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I'll add my condolences to the family as well.

The sad part is that every day I read the local obits in the paper and way too often I see a familiar name. The even sadder part is that many of them passed way too soon.

I'm still able to ride my 'ski like I stole it but i don't know for how long. If my time comes I hope I'm heading downstream toward Niagara Falls.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I didn't know him but see he was a well respected man. What else can one hope for as a legacy when ones time is up? I did a double take when I saw his photo. He is a twin of a Superintendent I once had at the plant. I showed my wife his pic and asked who is this? Immediately she said Keith Wilson. Uncanny resemblance.

Status
Not open for further replies.