Boat Identification please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smhaines65

Cadet
I have the option of purchasing this boat but the seller is not sure what year, make, or model. they where going to file for lost title. I have searched and cannot find anything on the web that have any info. any help is appreciated

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Boat 2.jpg
    Boat 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2

southkogs

Staff member
Take a look on the back of the boat, and see if the HIN is stamped into the hull near the rub rail. It looks like it might be an old Sylvan.

Welcome aboard.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Jump up and down on deck is a few places and check out the transom. Boats used to store stuff usually aren't in very good shape. And no motor, too.

Sorry, no help on the ID.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sorry that one without a motor would be low on my list of boats to pick up, there was a couple of companies producing them, but those short nosed square bow tri hulls were not good riding boats, I have a buddy that has one and I hate it when it invites me to go fishing. So much so, that I normally end up taking one of mine so I don't have to ride in his.

roffey

Commander
I normally am as up beat as I can be with used boat condition but a fiberglass boat left uncovered and in the snow may be a bad idea. Think of it as buying the trailer only. Boats cost money to dispose of and fiberglass is nasty stuff and will start to fall appart after time and weather get to them but who knows maybe you have that gem in discuses.

On a small motor restricted lake with a kicker on the back...

Regarding the year and make, is there not a HIN (Hull Identification Number) on it some where? It looks like it might be old enough not to have one. If you can find one that should tell you manufacturer and year.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
That boat is a cadidate for seacast filler..... The ground up boat hulls seacast supplies in their kits

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Sorry we are all busting your bubble, but....

That boat is shot
Hull already has external visible damage.
Surely has internal structural damage
Trailer is worthless
Will cost you a fortune to make it safe and usable.(thousands)
Plus a motor.

They should be paying you $500 for your time and effort to haul it away and dispose of it.

smhaines65

Cadet
I know that it's in rough shape, I have the problem of seeing what something can be or use to be and add it to my project list. so I bought the boat for 200 . So the research I have done it seems to be a "DeckBoat", but the hull ID badge and center console plate says that it's made by Buccaneer Power Boat Co. seems to be a 1981. I can not find what model it is either. so my question is , is there a big difference in the manufacturing between these two brands or are they basically the same just under a different name? is one better than the other? the US Coast Guard badge threw me for a loop since i'm in south Dakota, no where near a coast so is this a more sea shore vessel? might be a stupid question, just starting to get into boating, the boat next to this one is a 69 Larson all American that I picked up during the winter.
Boat ID 2.jpgID plate.jpgDeck Boat2.jpg So

Attachments

• Boat ID 2.jpg
    Boat ID 2.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Boat ID 2.jpg
    Boat ID 2.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1
  • ID plate.jpg
    ID plate.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Deck Boat21.jpg
    Deck Boat21.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Deck Boat3.jpg
    Deck Boat3.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Deck Boat1.jpg
    Deck Boat1.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 1

jbcurt00

Staff member
Your HIN number is BPC00160M78I (the last digit is an Eye, not a One)
[h=2]HIN Search results:[/h]
Success! BPC00160M78I is of the standard HIN type called Model-Year HIN. If you are buying this boat/craft then you should get the Boat-Alert History for 19.99$ from the two certified boat history report providers. [h=1]BPC HIN Decoder[/h] Our HULL ID Decoder breaks down the Hull identification number into the following information:
The HIN or CIN you have entered meets the Model-Year HIN format. It might also be a type that contains the country code and thus the boat comes from USA or Other . The serial number of the HIN is 00160 and is set by the boat builder. This boat or vessel has a Certification Date of (78) and a Model Year of 78 with month of build (April) based on the formatting of your hull_identification_number (HIN) .

The manufacturer identification code (MIC) of your craft identification number (CIN or HIN) is BPC. This MIC (BPC) stands for the company name Buccaneer Power Boats which is currently In Business. This boat manufacturer has other company names (BPC sometimes goes by these name(s) , , , or ).

This company (Buccaneer Power Boats) is owned by Michael Montaque and is located at 8450 CORD RD in CORD state of AR. It manufactured this vessel and placed your HIN or CIN on the hull. The Parent Company for this boat maker is (). Buccaneer Power Boats has started making boats, yachts and other watercraft as of 7/16/2015.

Make sure to compare the date of boat manufacturing with the dates in which the company was actually in business.

The US Coast guard provides this comment about this watercraft manufacturer: Current Info As Of 890705. 12/26/2001 Oob Per Rni As Of 1997.
Buccaneer is listed as out of business (Oob) as of 1997.

So its a 1978 boat

CabanaManCan

Cadet
I got my buccaneer for free and yours looks better lol. This is after I washed the outside and pulled all the junk out of it. I am figuring a 2 yr minimum job and no roi

Attachments

• photo317115.jpg
    photo317115.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo317116.jpg
    photo317116.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo317117.jpg
    photo317117.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.