Identify these

dschild

Seaman Apprentice
I’ve always had smaller boats, or aluminum boats. This is my first larger boat. And I’m wondering what these two things are. I’m guessing the wood is a step for people to get on board. Is the small hole for a Bimini top?

Attachments

• photo309334.jpg
    photo309334.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Looks like a step to me. The other could be a socket for a light, does it have wires going to it? Or a bracket for a fishing rod holder, or a bimi bracket, or a place for a handle to assist for boarding. Could be most anything.

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If there's no wiring going to the round one, it could be a flag pole socket. Is it on the transom or the gunwale?

dschild

Seaman Apprentice
It’s on the gunwale. There’s one on both sides. No wires. Hex shape. No clips or anything else to secure something. Not sure what kind of accessories would work with it.

dschild

Seaman Apprentice
Here's are a couple other shots so you can get a better view.

Attachments

• photo309355.jpg
    photo309355.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 2
  • photo309356.jpg
    photo309356.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 2

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
There have been quite a few accessories that have used a hex shaped pole over the years to keep them from spinning while underway, those probably are for one of the various pole holders that were sold.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the teak step is so you dont slip and fall in the drink while your boating buddies laugh at you

the other looks like a taco marine outrigger mount

dschild

Seaman Apprentice
Thank you, again Scott. I already installed some scotty mounts. Seems like it's easier to find accessories vs. taco marine. I'm wondering if I can make any use of them besides a flag pole holder

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Taco sells parts on their website, that could probably be adapted for other items