1995 Larson Escapade 240 DayCruiser Ice box/sink accessory

Boatrunner1

Cadet
I have a 1995 Larson ESCAPADE 240 DAY CRUISER with an optional sink/ice box console that is on the outside deck.
Don't know how to operate the sink. It has a 50 gallon water tank, but I don't how the sink operates to turn on/off the water. I have not cleaned and filled the water tank yet.
Does anybody have a clue as to how this works?
Thanks!

Bondo

Staff member
Don't know how to operate the sink.

Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,.......

Of all the ones I've seen, it's either the faucet is actually a pump to move the water,.....
Or,.....
There's an electric pump in the line from the tank, to the faucet,.......

Inspectin' the water line, should give you the answer,......

tpenfield

Staff member
Probably a pump near the water tank. There should be a circuit breaker to turn the pump on. The pump will build pressure in the plumbing to about 45 psi (assuming all faucets are shut off), then the pump should shut off until the pressure drops.

If you find the circuit breaker and turn it on, but don't hear any noise, then the pump may be bad/needs replacing. If the pump comes on and runs constantly, then you either have a leak or no water in the tank.

Once you have water in the tank and the pump activated, then It is just like at home.

Last edited:

tacx

Petty Officer 1st Class
You may have a simple hand pump faucet. The knob can be pulled up and then pushed down to pump the water from the tank.

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
If you have an actual faucet at your sink(which I suspect you do) like my Sundancer it's a pressurized water system & there is a pump between the water tank and sink. Make sure the battery switch is on and then find the "water system" 12V switch on the panel.

My 1995 Larson Hampton I owned before my SeaRay had a spigot at the sink with a button that you would push to energize the small pump and flow water into the sink. That was a non-pressurized cold water only system w/5 gallon tank.

Boatrunner1

Cadet
Thank you all for your replies. It turned out to be the up and down hand faucet handle pump!
Thanks again!