B2B Lounge chair and its base

Bainic

Recruit
I've been searching for new a B2B lounge chair for my 2005 Bayliner 175 and realized that all of the ones being sold today have a 10 inch base, my original base is only about 5 inches and I think if I put in a taller base the wife will be sitting a little higher than the windshield. She will not like that! :mad2: :lol: Does anyone know if there is a 5 inch base being sold out there? And if not, are new seats compatible with my preexisting base? Specifically the bar and groove that it slides and locks into position in.

roffey

Commander
thanks, now I know. Makes sense, my father had a boat with those seats. Seems to me they would be better than bolster type seats as more places to sit and you can still sit on the back of the seat.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Worse comes to worse, you can cut the bases down with a skil saw. Of course, you need to look at them to see how well they will then recline.

My speedboat needs 4" bases, which are hard to find.

In the past, I have cut 'em down, made my own out of hardwood and other options I have forgotten.

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
When I was working on replacing my B2B seats in my old crestliner I made my own seat bases and modified things to make it work. Was a royal b**** but worked well and was solid. One thing where ever method you go about, make sure if you are screwing into anything that you 3M 5200 it well. Would hate to rot out the boat

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
why not simply re-upholster what you have? then you know it works

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
I see what you mean- taller ones are like the ones for a cuddy cabin, shorter ones are like the ones for a small bow rider.

Bainic

Recruit
Update - After searching for a couple weeks and considering my options, mainly the cost of new seats, the base height, and the multiple reviews that I have read about new seats stating how flimsy the plastic bases are and how they seem smaller than original seats, I have decided to reupholster my original seats. Dropped them off Friday at a guys shop that has been an upholsterer for decades and does excellent work. Gonna cost about the same as new seats, maybe a little bit more, and about a 4 week turn around time cause hes so busy, but I know that I'll be happy with the finished product and I know they'll be at the height that I want. Thanks for everyone's responses!