I’m building a boat from scratch

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looks like you are coming alone pretty well. Are you building to a set of plans? And if so are they full size plans so you can get the curvatures on target? As you install more parts the structure will get stronger and solid. But until that time, make sure ever part is correct and fits perfectly. Remember this portion is the initial bones of the boat.

Also, you need to install a couple gates on the fence so you can walk though the yard instead of on the road every time...How are your neighbors liking your project thus far?

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
When you get the hull finished, what is your plan for turning her over?

Looks like you are coming alone pretty well. Are you building to a set of plans? And if so are they full size plans so you can get the curvatures on target? As you install more parts the structure will get stronger and solid. But until that time, make sure ever part is correct and fits perfectly. Remember this portion is the initial bones of the boat.

Also, you need to install a couple gates on the fence so you can walk though the yard instead of on the road every time...How are your neighbors liking your project thus far?

Thanks, no full size just running of of the plans on graph paper. As she sits now, all the frames are moveable but that will change once I get the transom made and mounted, then I will start to fasten things down. And I agree, I’ll be spending as much time as I can making sure those parts are set to exact measurements... I don’t plan on building a banana shaped boat if I can help it lol.

The neighbors are great and and are the answer to JimS123 question; they’ve all offered help when it’s time to flip so between them and a good size group of friends I think we can get it done. One of the wives on the street told me the other day, “It’s the most interesting thing happening in the neighborhood” lol.

Additionally, I went today a picked up the first batch of Epoxy from US Composites and will continue to get my supplies there as I got lucky and they have the best prices I’ve seen on the internet and are local to me so I can bypass shipping charges. I managed to get 3 gallons of their slow cure epoxy for $141 which felt like stealing when TotalBoat wants more than that for 1 gallon.

Last edited: