Is this old boat a Starcraft ?

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
My 16 ft aluminum V hull was mentioned that it could be a Starcraft from the 60's. The interior and dash look like it. But the transom ( getting replaced ) shape does look any pictures from old brochures etc that I have seen. No factory splash well, no drain holes. The blue fabric matches the interior side panels etc. Also shopping for a newer motor. Has a aftermarket wind shield. Any Thoughts, Thanks

Attachments

• photo308414.jpg
    photo308414.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 5
  • photo308932.jpg
    photo308932.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 5
  • photo308933.jpg
    photo308933.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • photo308934.jpg
    photo308934.jpg
    843.7 KB · Views: 5

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
I can't think of any other aluminum boat mfg. companies from that era other than Lonestar. I'm no boat expert. Novice I am.

Bondo

Staff member
My 16 ft aluminum V hull was mentioned that it could be a Starcraft from the 60's.

Ayuh,..... What does the title/ registration say it is,..??

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
No title, old and not needed, I just had DMV assign a new old hull ID number and have to make a tag. If it had one on the transom it is long gone because of the rot.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Looks a lot like my Starcraft Nassau.

Dual step pads, transom caps, dual rub rails,
What I can see or the front of the bow looks like it too.

Obviously the floor, transom, side panels, seats, and windshield are not original, and the splash well removed.

But the hull loos like a late 60's Starcraft.

c - 1.jpg

Last edited:

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
I removed the side panels, I'm going to make new ones. The fabric of panels matches inside of hull, transom etc. But I will take you word for it. I see no sign of a splash well ever being there. Weird. Oh well, I just better get replacing the transom. Also there is no center support strut coming from center of transom going to bottom of hull like I see in other pics. I might widen the cutout where the motor mounts. Can I get new trim that will cover transom top ?

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
What the best way to build a splash well, plywood ? I'm not a sheet metal worker...lol

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Looking at the 1961 brochure HERE, it may be an early Jupiter or possibly a Viscount. The '61 Jupiter has no splashwheel, but it has two kneebraces. I think your boat was modified to use a short shaft motor, but skim some of the other brochures. Maybe some old ones had no kneebraces.

When you pull the transom wood, look for evidence of plugged bolt/rivet holes in the metal skin.

61jup.png

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
Thank you very much. Still the transom has me perplexed. Does not swoop from the transom caps like all pics show. Can't imagine someone replacing the whole back aluminum of the boat and trim to fit. Oh well. It set up for 20 inch long shaft motor. Old motor has 19-20 inches from transom to that flat plate.

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
Ok here is the bow photos.

Attachments

• photo308940.jpg
    photo308940.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • photo308941.jpg
    photo308941.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

jbcurt00

Staff member
Apologies alhntr

I should have asked the same question:
Can you take a picture face on of the Bow?
In your original post I couldnt see the bow diamond shaped plate......

Might be a Starcraft relative if not an SC....

But w the new pix & bow diamond plate it is SC or a close relative.....

alhntr

Seaman Apprentice
Sure is weird about the transom.....I pulled end cap and that 8" end cover off, sure looks all original. Whoever made this boat. Thanks

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It is either a Starcraft or it is a very close cousin that came from the same mother, you can always tell a Starcraft by the bow, they have had that same bow for decades now..