HELP!!!! 14ft Aluminum vintage boat identification X2

Newieinc

Cadet
Looking for help! I have been searching to Identify a 14ft Aluminum boat. Ironically I found some one selling another 14ft aluminum boat with a trailer. My intrest was in the trailer. Upon inspection the boat is Identical to my boat. Now I have 2!!

There is no HIN number on either boat. There are no logos or #'s of any type (except on the back of the aluminum cast bow bracket.) There was a small piece of plastic about 1 cm from a plackered on the side of the one boat towards the stern. There are 4 holes on both sides just forward of stern were the placard was attached to the boat.

The boats have some unique characters that I have not found ion ANY aluminum boat out there:

1.The transom corner bracket has both a rear handle and a cut out handle in the casting.

2.The oar sockets, are again something I have not been able to find on any google search. They are a large, side mount cast aluminum oar socket not mounted to the gunwale. They are mounted beneath the gunwale to an additional aluminum plate that is riveted to side of boat. There are 2 sets on each boat. A couple are broken and would like to replace them.

3 The rib on the side of the boat does not go all the way to the bow of the boat. I turns up towards the gunwale about where the registration # are typically. This characteristic eliminates most aluminum boats that I have found that might be a match.

4 The gunwale supports that anchor to the seat are straight and not curved or bent(originally.. maybe know they are).

5 The bow cast aluminum bracket has a single hole formed in as a handle. There are many out there that had double handles but only a few that had the single.

6 the step down transom has an aluminum tray just beneath it( very handy). This on both boats so must have been factory original.

7 The two rear seats go all the way to the floor and are riveted to floor. The third seat and bow seat/step are suspended between the sides of boat.

The boat specs are as follows:

Length 13'6" appox bow to stern, 14'6" stern to bow along gunwale
Beam 53" inside to inside 56.5" out to out and 55" c to c
Beam at transom 48-49"
transom heoight 15"

The closest I have found was a couple of Alumacraft boats but they all have the rib on th side going to the bow

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Attachments

• photo308590.jpg
    photo308590.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 6
  • photo308591.jpg
    photo308591.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 6
  • photo308592.jpg
    photo308592.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 5
  • photo308593.jpg
    photo308593.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 4
  • photo308594.jpg
    photo308594.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 4
  • photo308595.jpg
    photo308595.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 4
  • photo308596.jpg
    photo308596.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 4
  • photo308597.jpg
    photo308597.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 6

roffey

Commander
don't think I can help much but did you get a title when you purchased ether boat? Ive mentioned this in the past but I think if you can not get a title and do work on the boat, restoration type work (wink, wink) you can register it as a home built boat and likewise the trailer.

Keep in mind I'm in Canada and registering boats are much easer here. I can register a boat as long as it has not been reported stolen. I have to jump through more hoops if I don't have the original owner but it can still be done.

Newieinc

Cadet
Hey thanks for the Look at the dilemma. The title on the 1st boat has the description as ARCRAFT. Looked around and dont know what that would stand for. Second boat has title that says Lund. Well...... I know its not a lund from research. It was re titled after a hurricane and an abandoned boat. Dont know how it was re titled as a Lund. I would not advertise it as that Cheers!!

roffey

Commander
You will have some old salts here that will tell you the make, year and paint code, lol. It sounds like you have it under control, you have titles for the boats.

Spring is just around the corner, fish on......

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Hey thanks for the Look at the dilemma. The title on the 1st boat has the description as ARCRAFT. Looked around and dont know what that would stand for. Second boat has title that says Lund. Well...... I know its not a lund from research. It was re titled after a hurricane and an abandoned boat. Dont know how it was re titled as a Lund. I would not advertise it as that Cheers!!

I am willing to bet that ARCRAFT is actually Starcraft ;) The transom handles look familiar like some of the old Starcraft's Now keep this in mind...... Starcraft manufactured aluminum boats (As did MANY other companies) that were sold and branded as Sears and Roebuck, Montgomery Wards...... I would not get to wrapped up on what they are by brand and I would concentrate on how to properly register them and get them back into circulation.

Just get them water ready and enjoy them. Welcome to iboats!

Newieinc

Cadet
Hi Bob, thanks for the feed back. I also deduced the ARCRAFT as starcraft and started looking at images on google. All the photos of the vintage Starcraft have the the v shaped rib runs all the way to the bow. Mine do not. I am working on getting her in the water. I am in process of making a forawd casting platform and trolling motor mount. A "poor mans" flats boat so to speak. Just finished welding the frame yesterday ready for diamond plate. Registrations are in place. I find it interesting in this day and age, with google, I cant find ANY images that match the oar sockets or the double handle on transom. Russians? Another interesting tid bit,neither boat has a bow eye, nor is there any evidence one was ever installed. thanks Jeff

Newieinc

Cadet
Starcraft pictured of approx same vintage

Attachments

• photo308651.jpg
    photo308651.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo308652.jpg
    photo308652.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 3

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Yep, the bow eye on some of them was NOT bolted through the hull but actually held on by 4 rivets 2 per side and if it corroded away it would just be a mark where it was.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
There have been so many different boat companies over the years, many of them just regional players, they build boats for a while then get bought out or just go out of business, that often times you can not nail down what you have. It really does not matter what they were, but they are now what the state says they are. Clean them up and have fun fishing.