Help

Jrhodes28

Recruit
Hey guys. Im new to the boating world and need help. This is my first boat and it’s a 25.6 proline 1990 center console. It originally had 2 150hp I think now it has 1 350 Yamaha on it. My problem is the boat won’t plain. At first with me and my wife on it it would do just fine. I added 3 adult friends 1 male 2 female it would plain but the male had to sit on the front.. now it’s got a fuel tank and won’t plain with just me and my wife. What do I need to do

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
My first question is do you have the correct propeller pitch? Put all the stuff in the boat that you would normally have. Fishing gear, full tank of fuel, any batteries, the wife, the dog, etc. With all that in the boat you should be able to achieve maximum wide open throttle rpm and maybe need to pull back just a touch. You'll need to find out what max rpm is for your outboard.
If you can't achieve max WOT rpm you are over propped and need to drop pitch size.

And as suggested in the previous links, make sure your are trimmed all the way down/in when getting up on plane, then start to trim up/out to achieve proper boat performance once you are on plane.