Struggling to find livewell drain tube that fits

gm280

Supreme Mariner
That's why I'm needing this drain standpipe.

I was trying earlier to post a question, but the system wasn't allowing it.

So you tried a typical black iron 3/4" threaded pipe and it doesn't fit, and you tried a 3/4" PVC threaded fitting, and that too doesn't work. Did either start threading into the drain fixture at all? And is the drain fixture metal. Can you remove the drain fixture?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
MRS, I believe that is what it should look like. I don't have a standpipe but that is what I'm looking for. Close to 3/4" threads. I emailed T-H Marine per Jims suggestion and they only offer them in 1-1/8" and 1-1/2" threads. I can't find 3/4" anywhere.

Yeah sounds familiar to a previous comment, good luck.

MRS

Commander
Have you checked bass pro shop service center yet? That is the first photo I sent you with the treads measured mine right at 3/4 of and inch is for a 2019 20ft. fishing barge pontoon live well.

Attachments

• photo308767.jpg
    photo308767.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
In my boat thread, I had a plastic/fiber reinforced drain installed in my home-made live well. And I wanted a PVC threaded stand-pipe. But a standard black iron pipe wouldn't fit and neither would a PVC threaded pipe fit. So I took a blow torch and heated up the black iron thread pipe and once hot, I threaded it into the fiber/plastic drain and made my own threads in the drain fitting. And then the threaded PVC pipes thread in and fit perfectly.

Just an idea if you can't find anything else to work...

If the drain is metal and threaded, I would heat a PVC pipe and thread it into the drain. If the drain is plastic/fiber reinforced, I would heat a metal threaded pipe and thread or re-thread the drain for the size you want. Then PVC threaded fittings will work perfect. Just a thought...

Slabguy

Cadet
Have you checked bass pro shop service center yet? That is the first photo I sent you with the treads measured mine right at 3/4 of and inch is for a 2019 20ft. fishing barge pontoon live well.

This looks like what I need but I can't find it on Bass Pro website. Just to answer a few other questions, the threads in the livewell fitting are plastic, I did try black pipe threads and pvc threads of 3/4" and neither would start threading (too big), I haven't tried removing the drain fixture yet. I'll resort to some of the other suggestions as a last resort. Thanks guys.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Actually my stern live well is officially a bait well because of it's smaller size. The problem I have seen holding baut is small minnows get jammed in the overflow when dumping at the end of the day. The biggest problem using it for minnows fishing for Yellow Perch especially getting 2 at a time is the guy at the back is constantly passing, or trying to pass little shiners 15 feet away at the bow. So I use 2 proper bait buckets that stay over board, 1 for me and 1 for them. Get your own little buggers out and don't loose any on the floor. I bought 2 of those small green nets from the Pet store they use for fish tanks. You won't loose any on the floor.