Boat Identification

Allen B

Recruit
This Boat is for sale near me for practically free. Issue is i've looked to exhaustion online and can't find anything similar. The badge on the side reads "Classic". the closest resemblance to me was a Glastron v235. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo306994.jpg
    photo306994.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 1

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard. Best way to tell is to check the HIN. It should be stamped in the transom near the rub rail. Better if you can match that against the seller's paperwork too.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Be careful with a 'nearly free' boat. The most expensive boats to get on the water are the free ones.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

as indicated above, it will be expensive

if all the paperwork needed to get ownership is there, and you want a project that your wife is comfortable with you spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on, then go for it.

estimate about $3-4k for hull work, about $2k for interior work, and if the motor or drive needs minor work, estimate a minimum of $1k for that (up to $4k if you have to replace everything) and about another $1-2k for miscellaneous.

If it does not have a title for the boat/trailer, I would highly suggest you walk away