ID this boat!!!!!! I'm pulling my hair out guys!

Railroader12

Seaman Apprentice
This boat is listed locally, It doesent even REMOTELY look like the boat its titled as. Clearly been repainted and covered any/all original markings. Current owner seems clueless as well. Looks cool as hell to me, ESPECIALLY the console/dash but I cant figure out what it originally was?! I've spent a ton of time trying to figure this out and cant sleep now trying to get to the bottom of this lmao. Anyone know??!

Attachments

• photo306570.jpg
    photo306570.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306571.jpg
    photo306571.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306572.jpg
    photo306572.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 0

Railroader12

Seaman Apprentice
Yes, but the search comes up with a 1993 Jaguar as the make, lists no model and that's basically it. Bass cat didnt start making Jaguars until 1997. From my research there seems to never have been a "Jaguar" company making bass boats anywhere.

Railroader12

Seaman Apprentice
Seller mentioned it was made by bay hawk but when I researched them its obvious they never made the boat, they make console/off shore style boats. The title states it is a 22' pleasure craft, the model is blank.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Are you considering buying this boat?

Irregular (ie: incorrect, or appearing to be incorrect) paperwork wont be nearly as easy to deal w as ypur attempts w TPWD to register/title the last boat you posted about being essentially a kayak.....

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gen...10644396-titling-a-boat-in-texas-unbeleivable

How'd that ^^^ end up?

If it seems at all suspicious, I'd steer clear of the whole mess....

Dont know about Texas, but in many places, removing/covering or otherwise obscuring a HIN is illegal. I wouldnt buy a boat from someone who knowingly did. Or from someone who's.selling 1 that they claim to have bought "modified". Too mich likely to go wrong.......

southkogs

Staff member
MIC code for Bass Cat is "BAS"

But there was a Jaguar boat company in AZ with a MIC code of "JGR." When you Google search for them, it comes up mostly Bass Cat stuff, but they (at least at one time) weren't the same thing.

Might see if the library in Phoenix can give you any detail on a Jaguar Boat Company.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
If it feels suspicious, normally it is and I walk away, but if you have a legal title in hand that matches the HIN that is on the hull, then it really does not matter what it is, it is what the state that titled it says it is.