What is this boat?

Climber513

Seaman
Can anyone guess what this boat may be? I've looked and looked and the only thing I've come close to as the same style was a pipeline boat. I got this for free but no paperwork. Any ideas help .

Attachments

• IMG_20181221_142751.jpg
    IMG_20181221_142751.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20181221_142720.jpg
    IMG_20181221_142720.jpg
    966.3 KB · Views: 3

southkogs

Staff member
The hard part about trailer boats from the 60s through the early 80s is that EVERYBODY made 'em. Half of them look like the other ones too. It's really hard to eyeball them.

Is there a capacity plate anywhere in side? Generally they're up by the helm, but sometimes they're in the back near the splashwell or where you stow the fuel tanks.

Welcome aboard.

briangcc

Commander
If you have the registration numbers you *might* be able to figure it out with the help of your DMV/BMV/registering authority.

If you have no paperwork with it, in NY anyways, you have yard art that the Admiral can use to plant her favorite flowers in or the kids can turn it into a sandbox. **You can jump through MANY, MANY, MANY hoops and possibly get it registered but according to my local DMV rep (aka My Admiral) it ain't worth the hassle, better to have legal paperwork showing chain of custody in hand.

Climber513

Seaman
It's doesn't have any plates or a hin number. It does have the registration numbers but the catch is that it is from WI and in WI anything under 16' they do not title. Well I'm in OH and anything 14' or under gets titled .I called WI to get info and they told me it was registered as an alumacraft? No year or anything and she said in WI they just kind of take the best guess and use that. They seem very laid back lol. I'm working on getting some type of registration papers so I can do an inspection here in OH and get a hin number assigned to it .what a mess.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
It's doesn't have any plates or a hin number. It does have the registration numbers but the catch is that it is from WI and in WI anything under 16' they do not title. Well I'm in OH and anything 14' or under gets titled .I called WI to get info and they told me it was registered as an alumacraft? No year or anything and she said in WI they just kind of take the best guess and use that. They seem very laid back lol. I'm working on getting some type of registration papers so I can do an inspection here in OH and get a hin number assigned to it .what a mess.

Get the information from WI DNR if you can, it will help you a long way to titling and registering in OH. you may need to go up to WI and get it registered in your name, then transfer to OH

roffey

Commander
Not saying you should or could do this but I have heard of people doing a "fixing and restoring" their trailer and boat then registering it as homemade.

roffey

Commander
oh, and its important to know I'm in Canada and registering boats and trailers are way easer here.

82rude

Rear Admiral
oh, and its important to know I'm in Canada and registering boats and trailers are way easer here.

or its just totally ignored.Up where I boat a lot theres a boat from texas,one from ohio,michigan and il I believe.There are no people from those states running those boats .The style of boat pictured by the op was popular way back when and many small never heard of mfg wihipped those boats out by the thousands.

Climber513

Seaman
That link to the boat is what I have. Alumaglass. The lines are exact .The dash is exact. Even the two tone paint style is the same .now to just get it registered. Ohio is saying a need the registration card and that is what I don't have. I may look into the builders title.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
That link to the boat is what I have. Alumaglass. The lines are exact .The dash is exact. Even the two tone paint style is the same .now to just get it registered. Ohio is saying a need the registration card and that is what I don't have. I may look into the builders title.

you most likely will need to go to WI, get it registered in your name, then transfer it back to OH

Climber513

Seaman
I applied for a registration online from WI. I entered all the info and it seemed to work. Only cost a little under four dollars. We'll see what happens.