225 lpx 2003 with 350mag

newboater37

Cadet
I am engaging with a private seller on a 2003 crownline lpx with the 350/300hp motor. 350 hours.
Its on a tandem loadrite trailer, not the original. and the only thing wrong with it, is the tach stopped working last season. However the hours continued. I have the seller down to 17k.

Any opinions with this boat? Any idea what the top end would be on it?

A dealer has basically the same exact boat, with had a ridiculous prices on it of 28k here in indiana.

Is 17k a good enough price for it?

Last edited:

bchaney

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hard to estimate value. Have you found any others similar to it for sale by owner in your area? You can check nada guides to get some rough numbers but real listings are best. Also you may want to check if there is a sub-forum here for that specific make of boat, the people there may have better info. Good luck!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
make sure you take it for a test ride.

mr 88

Commander
You might want to Google all your info on the boat and see what comes up.

jkust

Rear Admiral
17k in the off-season to me is acceptable but not cheap. I don't care for the gaudy crownline red and yellow themes but of course this is all just my opinion. Does it have a Bravo 1 or a Bravo 3? I'm assuming it doesn't have a budget Alpha 1 drive. Bravo 1 will be faster on top end than Bravo 3 but both will get you over 50MPH on GPS of course depending on the set up of the prop(s). Reality is you don't use your top end as much as you do docking speed where the B3 pays off.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
The price is a bit high considering the off season, however only you can determine if you are willing to pay that.

Leardriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
What do you guys consider the off season? Around here, you can't give away a boat after the fourth of July. The first boat show starts next week, and boat sales season will be going strong.

jkust

Rear Admiral
What do you guys consider the off season? Around here, you can't give away a boat after the fourth of July. The first boat show starts next week, and boat sales season will be going strong.

I'm in MN and the second it drops below 70 degrees consistently that the off season for us. The big crush of buyers is in the spring. The good boats go fast because everyone already did their research and buy the second the boats come out of storage and the still-researchers lose out. I'd have to have found a real gem to buy in the winter, something I know is going to immediately sell come spring. Back to my Minnesota thing, we have maybe one thing going for us as a state, and that is that we have an endless supply of lakes which makes for interesting buying and selling as everyone has or wants a boat.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
When I lived in Wisconsin, I boated from April 1st to late November/ early December

the off-season is December thru March. The hot selling season is March thru May