Starweld pro 2000 water drainage

Cathychip

Recruit
this might be a strange question but should my boat have drains built into the deck? When I have water come into the boat it does not drain unless the boat is on plain. When I get water in it in the driveway it will not drain unless the boat is perfectly level. If not then a large puddle stays in one back corner.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
After three posts, you can post pictures, we like to see what we are helping with. What kind of boat, motor, drive ect….
Any post will do, just keep on giving us more info. And Welcome to the forums!

Cathychip

Recruit
Just wandering if this was normal to not have drains. My third pos.no mqqmy I can get it out and take photos.

Cathychip

Recruit
Yup. The water goes to the back of the boat then has to make it over a 1” rise to drain??? There’s ice because I went fishing yesterday.

Attachments

• photo306462.jpg
    photo306462.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Looks like the Starweld design ain't too good. Any boat I ever owned drained better.

What is your concern? That the boat or the thread is wasteful, or that there is a problem with your waist (the middle of your body)?

southkogs

Staff member
What would actually be normal is for the water to drain to the stern (where your ice is built up) and then drain in toward the bilge (center of the boat). I wouldn't expect drain holes in the floor - but I would expect that where the locker meets the deck there is a space that water can make it through.

It would make sense that the boat would collect water on one side of the deck if it's not level, because inside the goal is to flow to the stern, down the centerline of the boat into the bilge.

That said - how ya' gettin' all the water inside in the first place? Is it a one time thing, or are you regularly gettin' the deck flooded? Even with dogs and kids getting in and out of the water for an afternoon, I don't collect quite that much water.