1955 Lone Star COMMODORE Open Utility Aluminum Boat??

stand watie

Cadet
Friends,

I've found the above 18-foot, deep/wide, open "tin" semi-V bottom boat, sitting out by a barn & looking "unloved", at a decent price.

While the hull doesn't leak & seems to be "all in one piece", it has the worst-looking "home paint-job", that I've seen in decades.

I plan to buy the boat, strip all the ugly/peeling paint of of it & completely refinish it , inside & out.

Do any of the forum's members of the forum perhaps have a GOOD photo of what the boat looked like when it left the factory??
(I've looked at all the usual search engines & found NO good photos.)

I would also like a current source for a "period-style" Accessory Steering Console with steering wheel & which were once available for the aluminum boats.

THANK YOU & MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, tex

jbcurt00

Staff member
I dont think the 1955 LS Commodor was offered w a remote steering console setup

all the 50s and 60s boats I know of that had optional consoles available, had consoles that were made specifically to fit that particular boat...

Havent seen 1 generic console as you describe, not listed for sale, not posted as a barn find nor seen a vintage ad image for 1.

fiberglassics library has a brochure image of 1
image_305954.jpg

stand watie

Cadet
jbcurt00,

THANK YOU for the kind response & the photo..
("Back in the day", I saw several such "steering stations" on "tin" boats" but NOT in a long while.)

Perhaps another one of our fine members knows of a source??

yours, tex