1987 starcraft islander 19 ' with factory outboard bracket?

bchaney

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yea if you can't install a new outboard on the sea drive bracket you could replace it with an offshore bracket.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The " SEADRIVE " is an engineered unit.------Different swivel bracket on the motor to bolt onto the seadrive bracket.------Note how the pivot point is way up high now.-----Are all the hydraulics working properly on it now ?------A compression test on the motor is the first step.----Report the numbers.

sidingguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
80 lbs on all 4 cylinders according to my new Harbor Freight compression gauge. Not real great.Need to get a new ignition switch ,no key to the one that"s in boatTrim tab motor is froze up ,now soaking in PB blaster.Now to find trm /tilt problem.

mr 88

Commander
Seriously, a Harbor Freight anything is bottom.of the barrel disposable junk. Yes ^^^ ,try doing a compression test with a quality gauge.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The TnT motor was hashed on my new to me 115 Merc, when you find the part number for a replacement there is a really good aftermarket company that I used for the TnT pump in my Chief's Mercruiser and the 115. You can PM me for the company name, the prices are outstanding.

sidingguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The TnT motor was hashed on my new to me 115 Merc, when you find the part number for a replacement there is a really good aftermarket company that I used for the TnT pump in my Chief's Mercruiser and the 115. You can PM me for the company name, the prices are outstanding.
Will do Watermann,it looks like the trim tab motor is shot and I haven't figured out if tnt motor is bad yet.Good news is the motor started this am!If this warm spell stays around I will put it on muffs and see how good it does run.33* here in Michigan at noon.

Alumarine

Captain
After you've run it on muffs check the compression when it's warm, all plugs out, throttle wide open.

sidingguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Checked it with all plugs out,cold and new tester from NAPA.#1 115,#2 117 #3 112 #4 106 .Much better numbers.

Watermann

Ok, I thought you were talking about the TnT.

Yeah shoot some fogging oil in each cylinder, turn it over with the starter to disperse it. The numbers are a bit low, you'll probably only get another 10 or 15 years out of it. :lol: I'd run her. Be careful starting the motor, the impeller is probably rotten and could disintegrate plugging up the cooling passages with chunks creating more issues. Personally after a compression check and you've decided the motor is good put a new water pump kit in it and then run it.

sidingguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, I thought you were talking about the TnT.

Yeah shoot some fogging oil in each cylinder, turn it over with the starter to disperse it. The numbers are a bit low, you'll probably only get another 10 or 15 years out of it. :lol: I'd run her. Be careful starting the motor, the impeller is probably rotten and could disintegrate plugging up the cooling passages with chunks creating more issues. Personally after a compression check and you've decided the motor is good put a new water pump kit in it and then run it.

My thoughts also. This boat will be used to get to the fishing grounds,shut down while using the kicker motor and then run home at a leisurely pace.Todays job is to try and get the tnt motor working to get motor down. I have no power to tnt switch, so wireing and fuse? need checked. Wireing is a mess with many disconnected wires and patches.

Watermann

Relays should click when the switch is hit if they're getting juice. There should be a relief valve that lets the pressure off the system, down under the pump possibly.

fishrdan

Admiral
Seriously, a Harbor Freight anything is bottom.of the barrel disposable junk. Yes ^^^ ,try doing a compression test with a quality gauge.

LOL... I needed a vacuum gauge and dropped by my local HF to pick up one of their "quality" products. Got home, unwrapped my precious new toy, low and behold, it's readying 5" of vacuum instead of being at 0... The gauge worked, but was WAY off. Back to HF for another one of their quality products, but I unwrapped and checked it while in the isle.