Original Power

Happenstance

Recruit
Hi all, I'm trying to find out what my boat had for original power. I know she had diesels but haven't been successful in finding any info. She is a 1980 Chris Craft Corinthian 331 Hull# 331-9314. Someone repowered her with Crusader 220's.

Attachments

• photo305254.jpg
    photo305254.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 0

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Calling Chris Craft is really the only option here. You have a nearly 40 year old boat so finding someone with that boat is already a slim chance. In addition, manufacturers offer different power packages for the same model, so no one will really know what the original owner decided on for powering the boat. I have seen twin 350 crusaders on there powered by gasoline as well.

mr 88

Commander
Might want to try Facebook ,under Chris Craft , a few different forums available.

Happenstance

Recruit
Calling Chris Craft is really the only option here. You have a nearly 40 year old boat so finding someone with that boat is already a slim chance. In addition, manufacturers offer different power packages for the same model, so no one will really know what the original owner decided on for powering the boat. I have seen twin 350 crusaders on there powered by gasoline as well.

Yes i believe calling Chris Craft might be my only option. The tanks are still labeled for diesel and the old timer i purchased the boat from told me it used to have diesels but he didn't have any more info.
Thanks everyone.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
If you know a 85 year old owner of a Marine shop that has been selling CC for 68 years, like the guy at my Marine dealer, he would know. He goes into the shop a few times a week. I will call them tomorrow and ask his son if he is around. Usually south this time of year.

Try and call some Chris Craft dealers and ask, you never know there might be an 85 year old there that refuses to retire.