U-Haul sea nymph

shellbacked1998

Recruit
I have just recently purchased a 1986 13.8' Sea Nymph. While I have already talked with Texas Parks and Wildlife and the boat is and can be legally owned there is a stamp in the back of the boats aluminum that says "PROP OF UHAUL DO NOT SALE". Does anyone know anything about this? Currently no picture but will post one when I get home.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Texas requires paperwork - Got any?

Uhaul does sell older inventory. I see trucks and vans for sell at local Uhauls. Boats are no different and they got out of the boat rental business.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
You didn't comment what TPW said; but here is my 2. If you have the paper work from UHaul; (Title;BOS;) it shouldn't be a hassle. They will hang you for the Registration; might make you have it inspected (Lights;etc). Living in Texas is a "Revenue State"; their Laws are in Stone! As far as the stamp; deface it.

shellbacked1998

Recruit
TPW had no issue with me placing it in my name. $90 for taxes, registration for boat and motor. I just have not been able to find where U-Haul was ever in the boat rental or sales business. I am going to keep the stamp. It is a little bit of neat history. I will just name the boat "HAULIN bASS" paint the top portion U-Haul orange and polish out the aluminum.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Great news! Enjoy!
I agree; didn't know they rented Boats?
When I said "Deface; Remove" might have been a better word.

shellbacked1998

Recruit
This is my first boat besides a canoe and I am looking forward to bringing old life into it. RETRO if you will. With a Name like "HAULIN bASS" and a "Johnson" motor. maybe a Master Baiter retro decal or airbrush logo.