Monterey 315 2008

Dumps

Recruit
can anyone help me with consumption approx of my 315 with twin valve Penta engines and also if my fuel tanks are linked to each other why when I fill up with fuel I always put more fuel in the port tank to the starboard tank

tpenfield

Staff member
:welcome: to iBoats.

Volvo Penta engines (right?)

I would think the VP's are quite capable of consumption, so I'm not sure what sort of help you would need. I would think you would be getting about 1.3 - 1.5 mpg.

Are you saying that one engine is burning a lot more fuel than the other ?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

as Ted asked, please clarify.

correctly running, your motors will burn about 0.4# of fuel per HP per Hr.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
How much more fuel in Port tank? A lot of factors to consider, engine condition, condition of props, idle rpm on each engine, etc.

mr 88

Commander
Your fuel tanks should not be connected to each other if factory installed. You should have 2 three way valves that allows your motors to either both draw fuel from one tank, or each engine drawing from one specific tank all the time. Maybe your fuel gauge is off ,you would have to top off both tanks and refill to the top for a few trips to accurately figure out if one engine is actually using more fuel. Yes as posted your fuel burn at cruise with optimum trim,calm conditions and light fuel ,gear etc. load should be 1.2 to 1.5 max. Not knowing any specifics ,like actual length, beam, health of engines, props, weight of boat and contents makes it hard to pinpoint your fuel burn

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
and if the tanks are tied together, then the list of the boat will play into it too.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
What engines are they. I can likely tell you from a site I use.