Trying to ID Starcraft year of manufacture

cdndewey

Cadet
Hello folks...I just purchased my first boat. It's an 18 ft Starcraft Holiday and I'm trying to determine...without any success...the year of manufacture. It has a data plate tag on the starboard side with serial number 1014319.

Can anybody tell me or point me in the right direction to search.

Thanks

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Did you get any paperwork with it? If it is a 72 or newer, it will have a HIN number plate on the right side of the transom with the year indicated in that HIN, also a few pictures would help.

bchaney

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 21 foot Holiday with serial number 1027xxx, about 13k away from yours. The title on mine says it's a 1972. I agree with mtboatguy, ask on the starcraft board and maybe someone else will have a clue or another serial number to compare.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I don't know what year it is but I can tell you it's looks like a beauty, congrats on being one of the newest StarCraft owners group of happy boaters. I love the old StarCrafts. You can tell a StarCraft hull a nautical mile away. Old and new. Copied by many but never duplicated. I was a Lund guy, now if it's not a StarCraft it won't have my wife's name on the paperwork. She bought me mine. I am positive I'll keep her, my wife as well. I was going to sell her, but then woke up and slapped myself.

And welcome to iboats. The best boating forum in the World bar none. You've come to the right place. If the folks here don't have an answer there is no answer.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Stating motor and drive may also help narrow it down.Welcome and wise purchase.

cdndewey

Cadet
Stating motor and drive may also help narrow it down.Welcome and wise purchase.

I believe the engine and drive are mismatched. I talked to the StarCraft folks and they couldn't give me an exact year but they figured 70 or 71.