Motorguide brute 756

Hoppi84

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Bought a jon boat with a motorguide brute 756 only wired with 12v or one battery... ran like I'd expect so I hooked it up with 24v two batteries in series and ran alittle better but not what I was expecting... it has three wires a white red black. He had just the white and black hooked up... I hooked the white going to the #1 battery and red to #2 and it only ran in 24v when switched at pedal. I re wired it again with red going to battery #1 and white to battery #2 and both 12v and 24v work but it's way faster when switched to 12v compared to 24v... possible switch was replaced and flipped.. the pic is how they're wired... thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo300683.jpg
    photo300683.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 2

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
That's the first multi-volt trolling motor I've ever heard of. Their wiring diagram is correct for 24 volt, and looks correct for 12 volt as well. Couldn't tell you why the motor is faster when switched to 12 volt.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
That's the first multi-volt trolling motor I've ever heard of. Their wiring diagram is correct for 24 volt, and looks correct for 12 volt as well. Couldn't tell you why the motor is faster when switched to 12 volt.

There have been 12/24 volt trolling motors around for a number of years now.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
Well, first one I've ever seen. That said, why would you need a multi volt motor? I mean you can't run on 24 volt and then switch over to 12 when a battery goes down, , or visa versa. I guess if you smoked one of your batteries in a 24 volt system you would at least have one battery to finish out your trip with.

dwco5051

Commander
Well, first one I've ever seen. That said, why would you need a multi volt motor? I mean you can't run on 24 volt and then switch over to 12 when a battery goes down, , or visa versa. I guess if you smoked one of your batteries in a 24 volt system you would at least have one battery to finish out your trip with.

That is the setup on my old 1990 Motorguide, 5 speeds in lo range (12v), 5 more in hi (24v). 10 forward speeds to pick from depending on what is required due to wind and the type of fishing I am doing. Just like driving an old 10 speed Roadranger truck transmission.