Water leaking into aft bilge

yamjer

Seaman
Good day all. I have a 1987 26' Celebrity. I have been away for a few years and am trying to get back on the water. Have done the tune ups on both motors (inline 4cyl, 165hp) and seem to run okay. Went to put the boat in the water for more fine tuning and was bringing on water. This was as soon as the boat was in the water. On the port side about where the ram hydraulics go through the transom it appears water is coming in. I removed outdrive (alpha1 gen1) and put a hose into the water intake and can see water leaking in at the bottom of the transom. My question is: can my hard plastic water line be cracked or broken and leaking down between boat and transom? Is so thanks in advance or any suggestions would be appreciated.

alldodge

Staff member
put a hose into the water intake and can see water leaking in at the bottom of the transom.

The transom assembly might be rotted out. Is it leaking from the hose going to the motor which attaches to the transom assembly?

yamjer

Seaman
If it's leaking, it would have to be the plastic tube through the transom, between the outdrive and the hose running to the motor. I can't see any other place that might be allowing water in, especially when I put the water through the intake.

yamjer

Seaman
If it's leaking, it would have to be the plastic tube through the transom, between the outdrive and the hose running to the heat exchanger. I can't see any other place that might be allowing water in, especially when I put the water through the intake.

Maclin

Admiral
You mentioned that water ingress shows up immediately...: "This was as soon as the boat was in the water." Water would not leak there if the engine is not running, would it?

yamjer

Seaman
I was thinking if the tube was cracked and submerged it might allow water in. I understand what you are thinking though. I'm kinda at a loss as to how water is getting in.