06 Tracker Pro Team 175tw Issues

I have a 06 Tracker Pro Team 175tw. This past weekend, I ran into a couple of issues that I can't seem to find the answer for. One is mechanical and the other is electrical.

First, my 60hp EFI Mercury was running like a top at the beginning of this season. I ran it last weekend and it was still going strong. I fished a tournament on Saturday 8-18-18, and noticed that the motor did not have water pumping through it and the RPMs were idling at 3000+. I saw that my port was clogged on the motor. I clear the debris from the port, and got water to start pumping out, but it seemed to be at higher pressure than normal. I figured that it was from the higher RPMs. What could be causing the high RPMs to show up 6 days after running perfect?

Second, I had a livewell full of fish with my automatic recirc pump turned on. I also had my graph turned on as well. As I was trolling along, EVERYTHING electrical shut off and will not turn back on. I removed the fuse panel under my console and checked every single fuse and did not have any that needed to be replaced. I have had the problem with the recirc pump blowing a fuse before, but it has never shut everything down. The trolling motor still worked, but nothing else would turn on. There was no livewell pump, recirculation pump, bilge pump, or aerator. It was fine one second and gone the next. I can't place where to even start looking to solve this problem.

If there is any help that can be thrown my way, I would be greatly appreciated. I am not a mechanic, and electrical is harder to find than plumbing. At least with plumbing, you can see where the problem is.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
There is a main accessory system fuse or circuit breaker in the positive lead at the battery that has opened.

There is a main accessory system fuse or circuit breaker in the positive lead at the battery that has opened.

I dug around in the battery compartment for over an hour trying to find some type of fuse or breaker and did not find anything. I either do not have one or have no idea what I am looking for. It is more than likely the second option there because I am not familiar, at all, with what goes where on these boats. Thank you so much for the help that you offered.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Put your hand on the positive terminal of the battery. Do you see just one large red battery cable or one large cable and one smaller one. If there is a smaller wire as well follow that and you should see a fuse or circuit breaker very close to the battery. It is that "accessory" circuit that power all the stuff you say is not working. Check around the battery as that wire may have become broken and is laying in the compartment. There would also be a smaller gauge wire on the negative post.

Put your hand on the positive terminal of the battery. Do you see just one large red battery cable or one large cable and one smaller one. If there is a smaller wire as well follow that and you should see a fuse or circuit breaker very close to the battery. It is that "accessory" circuit that power all the stuff you say is not working. Check around the battery as that wire may have become broken and is laying in the compartment. There would also be a smaller gauge wire on the negative post.

I have 3 batteries in my rear compartment, the fuel tank, the bilge pump, and the onboard battery charger. 2 of the batteries are for my 24 volt trolling motor, and the other battery is a cranking for my motor. There are 5 wires going to the 2 deep cycle batteries. These are the trolling motor wires, and the junction wire making the 24 volt system. There are 2 wires connected to my cranking battery. These are the positive and negative wires from my motor. I do not see any other wires coming off of the batteries other than the battery charger that is wired to each. I will get some photos when I get home and post those. Again, I appreciate the help that you are giving me, but I am just not finding a circuit breaker back here.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The main fuse panel needs to get power somehow. That is almost always via a separate pair of wires directly from the battery. So look at the fuse panel. On the INPUT side of the fuse panel you should see a #8 or #10 wire. That wire carries 12 volts from the battery to service the fuse panel and the accessories. Follow that wire and you will find your problem. There has to be a fuse or circuit breaker in that circuit or someone has mucked with the wiring and created the issue you now have.

The main fuse panel needs to get power somehow. That is almost always via a separate pair of wires directly from the battery. So look at the fuse panel. On the INPUT side of the fuse panel you should see a #8 or #10 wire. That wire carries 12 volts from the battery to service the fuse panel and the accessories. Follow that wire and you will find your problem. There has to be a fuse or circuit breaker in that circuit or someone has mucked with the wiring and created the issue you now have.

The two wires that come from my motor to my cranking battery are controlling my dash lights and ignition "alarm" that sounds when I turn the key on. If I take these wires off, everything that still works shuts off. My fuse panel has to be wired into these somehow, but I can't see how. I'm just going to take it to my marine dealership and get drug through the coals. I'll have them fix this and my motor issue. I just don't like not being able to figure this stuff out. Thus seems like such a novice fix, but I don't see anything in there that even resembles what you're talking about

I removed the fuse panel and saw the wires. I also removed my rear deck. I there is not another fuse panel or circuit breaker back there. There isn't one behind the front fuse panel either. I purchased the boat new. So the wiring is the same as the day I got it from tracker. I'm am thoroughly confused at this point

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
I went back to your first post and you indicated the livewell pump has blown its fuse in the past. Perhaps that's a clue. The clue being the pump has drawn more current than it should from day one or that the incorrect fuse size was used. I'm betting that pump blew the fuse AND the main fuse/breaker that you can't seem to find. Do you know what a circuit breaker looks like? Do you know what an in-line fuse looks like? Find that and you find the problem.

I went back to your first post and you indicated the livewell pump has blown its fuse in the past. Perhaps that's a clue. The clue being the pump has drawn more current than it should from day one or that the incorrect fuse size was used. I'm betting that pump blew the fuse AND the main fuse/breaker that you can't seem to find. Do you know what a circuit breaker looks like? Do you know what an in-line fuse looks like? Find that and you find the problem.

I found the inline fuse that you were talking about. There was not a circuit breaker back there. The fuse was tucked under my fuel cell and almost impossible to see. I started tracing the wires and saw that they ran under the fuel cell, or got tucked under there somehow. I fished it out from under it and noticed that the fuse was blown. I know enough about wiring to know that I am not an expert, but if I have multiple things drawing amps off of my main wire, the 20 amp fuse that is in it might be too small. I have upgraded the electronics on the boat to something that draws more current. The wiring, itself, is large enough to flow 40-50 amps of current. The I want to say that this fuse has blown before when I put my new graphs on. I am uncertain of the size that was in it that blew, but I am going to go back with a 30 amp fuse as its replacement.