Interstate Boat Transporting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briangcc View Post
    I did, thank you. However every other post made has been....we went back to the guy at the marina and...

So let's flip the tables a bit. How do you know you're not getting a bum deal with the guy willing to charge an arm and a leg? Just because someone recommends them at your marina doesn't mean they are reputable. Suddenly they don't look so bright and shiny and you overpaid in the process.

I know several collector car people that have used U-ship to ship parts across country without issue. Hoods, quarter panels, etc. Some have moved whole, restored cars worth alot more than the boat we're discussing here.

We'll agree to disagree and I'll stop commenting. Again, good luck with the move.
    I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just telling you that we weren't completely sold on this guy doing our boat. However, it does help that he knows, and is highly recommended, by the people we already know.

Anyway, I sort of jumped the gun and listed with uShip before even finding a place to set the boat in Colorado. IOW, kind of "first things first" thing. But, even though we would like to get a lower cost, we also want good service and protection of our boat while it is being transported. He does guarantee us that.

Comment

So will the guys contracting with U-Ship (guarantee a good job).

Comment

Originally posted by ahicks View Post
        So will the guys contracting with U-Ship (guarantee a good job).
        Yes, they all guarantee a good job.

Update: We are now renting an outside spot for our boat in northern Colorado at an RV/Boat Storage. Got it on the 21st of Jan., however won't be hiring someone for a couple of months and not having it transported until the middle of May. So, between now and then, have to pay for two storage spots...……...where we are currently and the new one.

Comment

BIG question: Do uShip transporters or any other transporters allow a boat owner to have things stored on a boat that is being transported. Like, inside a cuddy cabin and/or inside a bench seat?

Comment

Originally posted by LuvBoating View Post
            BIG question: Do uShip transporters or any other transporters allow a boat owner to have things stored on a boat that is being transported. Like, inside a cuddy cabin and/or inside a bench seat?
            I should think so as long as it's legal and declared to the shipper. The shipper will probably want to view the items and may or may not want to take responsibility for potential damage depending on the items and how they are packed.
            - Eric

Somers, WI

Old enough to know better - but crazy enough to try anyway

Comment

I doubt seriously that you would hear anything form a carrier regarding what you have in the boat - as long as it's withing reason. All your jackets, vests, dock gear, anchors, maybe a fishing pole or 2, safety equipment, etc. would all be considered "normal".

Comment

shippers are concerned with the ORM (Other Restricted Materials) in the transport.

such as fuel, propane, compressed gas, munitions, etc.
                Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
                1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
                2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
                1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Well, we do sometimes have a problem locking our cuddy cabin door, and if it doesn't want to lock, will only put some small pillows and a few other non-valuable items in there. The rods/reels, fishing tackle and some other stuff for the boat, can go into a large black storage container we bought at Walmart some time ago. The same container that we placed at the side of the boat, with cleaning stuff in it, when the boat was on the trailer sitting on a spot at the last Boat/RV Storage we were at. We have a lock for the container and it can go with the Moving Company when they get our furniture and that.

And, our boat has an almost full tank of gas. It's very good/newer gas, so don't want to drain the gas out.

Comment

Working...
                  X