Boat identification

mr 88

Commander
Message the seller and ask for the HIN numbers and letters located on the upper starboard side of the transom. ALL info will be encoded into that. All US boats after 1972 or so are required to have them.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I’m tempted, but he may think I want to buy it. I don’t, just that I’m a total boat geek and it’s not often I see a boat I don’t recognise.
I’ll give this a day or two, then it will all be too much...I’ll send him a message, haha.
Thanks.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
You are the typical British gentleman. If it was a Canuck or Yank the conversation would go like this. "Hey buddy what kinda boat ya got der?" "Ya don't know? How in Sam Hell can ya sell a barge and not know what ya got?" "Let me take a look at the serial number and if I find out all ya owe me is a couple a Sawbucks."

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Haha. Very true, perhaps. It’s polite,to be polite.....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
The atypical Canadian is very polite always apologizing. That is generally true, not always. You have never heard as many " Sorry Sir, I'm sorry mame, excuse me." As you will on any given day in a grocery store. I ask "Why what did you do?" And folks look at me like I have 3 heads. I fit into the "Not always polite" category. Maybe it's my dual citizenship.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Good manners go a long way, I think. From what I know the Deep South of America have a lovely way of manners and courtesy too.