Prospective boat querstion

jmask007

Recruit
I was looking at a 2002 GW Seafarer and it looks clean, except my wife noticed some brown build up on a bilge hose yet everything else looks clean. When she asked me about it, I thought it looked odd that all the wiring looks almost new and you have that one hose that looks like its been in a black water tank. Anyone have any thoughts?

Attachments

• photo285925.jpg
    photo285925.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo285926.jpg
    photo285926.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 0

roffey

Commander
Hmm, you are right. The bilge looks really clean with the exception of the hose. Any idea what the hose is for? How hard would it be to replace it?

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Most of those hoses are plastic coated, which shines,.....

The big nasty lookin' one is Rubber, the fuel fill hose,..... Everything sticks to the rubber,...

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Not so sure it's a fuel hose myself. One other thing I see is that pump has some corrosion also, and below the pump is a hole, looks to be freshly painted. Is someone trying to hide something??

roffey

Commander
Cant be a fuel hose, there is two of them and its not the right kind of material, maybe? Ill leave it up to those who know what they are talking about, lol

82rude

Rear Admiral
That looks like the same hose I had in one of my boats.It was made like that and same color,normal in my case.As for the covered hole maybe a wrong mounting boo-boo.As long as it was properly patched and sealed no harm no foul.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It almost looks like before put up for sale the bilge area was cleaned well and had new wire run, the hose wasn't cleaned. It looks like a drain for a Live Well, the pump lines I see are smaller diameter.