FWD pump

juliolop

Seaman
Hi I've had a Donzi 255 1996 for three months
not used on water yet, I found today there is water below the floor in the FWD cabin, there is pump (not automatic I think)
it looks like there is no connection with the bilge because it is completely dry
when I try the start I heard a signal and batteries looks death, that wasn't the situation last time I did start it,
where does water come from?.
anyone can help me with it?, any Donzi 255 owner to guide me?

mr 88

Commander
Bulkhead in boat ,usually behind steps heading down into cabin ,is for structural integrity, separates the bow and stern bilge in the boat. That is why you have a bow pump. The water may be coming from a shower drain or other sink,cooler if you have one. Also water can make its way into about anything, rub rail screws. stanchions, light fixtures,port windows ,windshield base bolts- screws etc. There should be a manual switch, if that is not directly wired to your battery or fuse ,follow the wires or hit every switch you can find until you hear it go on. It could be burnt out so that's a good reason check the wiring. The only other thing might be that someone put it in and never finished the job.If you don't charge your battery at least every couple months and it is on its last legs,yes it will go dead. There is no owners manual for that boat.

juliolop

Seaman
Thanks for your prompt answer
As I said I bought it in Nov Dec
now when I open the switch I hear a steady beep
like an alarm
Could it be for that water? Or you think that water been there since
When I bought it and we started the engine never happened

mr 88

Commander
Where is the beep coming from ? Usually the beep is engine related or a fume detector. Small possibility that is coming from the pump as some sort of alarm, model and make of pump might narrow it down.