Aventus Inflatables

RGrew176

Commander
My 1997 Quicksilver 330 inflatable has given up the ghost. It's leaking in a place that 2 inflatable repair shops said cannot be fixed. It is a PVC model so getting 21 years of service out of it is pretty good IMO.

Last week at the Detroit Boat Show I stopped by a couple of the vendors that were selling inflatables. I wanted to get another air floor model as I loved my air floor on the Quicksilver. Well, the vendor selling Brig did not have a model that could handle my 15 HP Mercury OB. The max HP for an air floor model Brig was 8 HP. I wanted to get a new inflatable not a new OB motor.

Then I stopped by Dinghy Concepts booth. I looked at the Achillies they sell. They are Hypalon and the one I would have needed was $2600. I then saw the Aventus models behind the Achillies. The Aventus is a PVC model that can be ordered with either a wood or air floor.

The boat show price was $1199.00 much more within my budget. I was not planning to replace my old inflatable but I guess after 21 years it's time for a new one. The only thing I don't like is it comes with only a 3 year warranty. My Quicksilver had a 5 year warranty. The air floor on that one did fail in year 4 and it was replaced without question. I pick mine up May 2nd.

Does anyone here own an Aventus inflatable? How is it holding up?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
not bad considering the design life of the PVC inflatable is 10-15 years

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Are Aventus the cheaper versions of Brigs brand ? If you liked Quicksilver so much, why don't you go for anotheer one, the 330 version seems was replaced for the 340 version. Can you specify where's exactly is the failure that can't be repaired ?

Warranty is usually 5 years for PVC and 10 for Hypalon. If inflatable boat is correctly used inflated to its recommended working pressure, usually 3.0-3.5 PS with gauge, the quality of the glue used and the temp at which was assembled at the factory are correct, inflatable should experience no failure anytime soon.

Just curious, was that 330 kept shaded, inflated, deflated to last that long ? Did the air floor developed floor blister with use ?

Happy Boating

RGrew176

Commander
Are Aventus the cheaper versions of Brigs brand ? If you liked Quicksilver so much, why don't you go for anotheer one, the 330 version seems was replaced for the 340 version. Can you specify where's exactly is the failure that can't be repaired ?

Warranty is usually 5 years for PVC and 10 for Hypalon. If inflatable boat is correctly used inflated to its recommended working pressure, usually 3.0-3.5 PS with gauge, the quality of the glue used and the temp at which was assembled at the factory are correct, inflatable should experience no failure anytime soon.

Just curious, was that 330 kept shaded, inflated, deflated to last that long ? Did the air floor developed floor blister with use ?

Happy Boating

The Quicksilver was always stored inside except when it was being used. Other than one air floor failure in year 4 no problems with the flooring.

As to where it has failed. The tubes at the stern come to a cone shape. It has started leaking where all the seams come together. Two repair shops said it cannot be repaired. Being as old as it is it probably is time for a new one.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Everything inflatable is repairable except fabric it was assembled with, the issue here is that's not a simple patch work those 2 repair shops seems like doing. Must unglued seams to open them up, remove end cone if the leaks is produced there, clean all parts and glue again with high quality 2 part glue. Tube's internal air baffle is more difficult to repair/glue back than end cones if you know what you're doing besides being sufficiently skilled.

Happy Boating