Trac Titan anchor winches, a Mystery??

rothfm

Ensign
2 yrs ago I began seeing an anchor winch by Company called TRAC. Numerous websites, and other re-sellers were advertising this particular line of winch. There were several models and price points, all very affordable for a DRUM style Alum/Stainless unit.

In fact, checking just now, I can still see advertisements and web pages showing them. Search on TRAC TITAN 10230, as an example.

Back then, no one had stock. No one knew when there would be stock. So I called TRAC, and was told they were delayed 6 months in production.

Does anyone have any info. These look really really slick and perfect for my 21' saltwater boat. Yet there are ZERO out there.

rothfm

Ensign
Not at all...

Mod EDIT

So many web merchants show this line of winch...yet nothing, nada, no stock, no one seems to know anything about it. But I do know, they are not avail.

Last edited by a moderator:

rothfm

Ensign
OK,

If someone wants to see what one of these TRAC units looks like....Google TRAC T10210, OR TRAC 350,450.

You will see what I'm talking about.

I cant be the only one that has seen these....Been pics online for almost 2 years, multiple merchants etc...TRAC was zero help.

big mystery to me

rothfm

Ensign
7d1c9e04-b8f2-4f5f-b4f6-9bee03fc6915_1.ae40f258df8db063b5fbd0ed0970eb02.jpeg

rothfm

Ensign
Just went to the TRAC website, and they DO infact show this product, but as currently unavailable.

I sent them a note inquiring. Will update when I hear back.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the problem with a drum winch for an anchor line is that the torque drops off as the rope spools. hence the reason why a majority of anchor winches are windlass design.

rothfm

Ensign
Update....Talked to TRAC today. The first person that picked up the phone seemed to stumble a bit when asked about this product line.

He said it is "pending" however all vendors and retailers were asked to remove any listings and advertisements. When I pushed for a response if they are still perusing it, or dropping it altogether he said they are perusing a quality builder that can meet their spec and price.

I'll be waiting...For my purpose, boat size and habits, this will be a very good fit, and a very very good price.