16 foot smokercraft prop lean

1tango

Cadet
Hi There,I have a 1999 smoker craft with a force 40 hp motor. It sets level in water at stand still or slow speed. But at full throttle it leans hard to left side. There is no pull on steering wheel. I have moved batteries and passangers around but still have same problem. I have been reading about torque lean and i think that is what i have. It there a way to cure this? how about a pair of trim tabs could these help. I hate to spend 450.00 and find out they do not help. If trim tabs would do the trick which kind do you recommend and best place to buy them. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this better. Thanks for any help...

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Just a guess here, Have you looked at the hull, if it has a hook under there from grounding or damage on one side, it could cause that. Hope that isn't the issue.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check if trim tab anode next to prop is missing or completely eroded ?

Happy Boating

1tango

Cadet
I bought the boat second hand from original owner. The boat is in perfect with no hull damage dents or even a scratch. The trim tab anode looks brand new. I turned it both ways trying to make a difference but it makes the boat pull to the side if moved from original position I have measured the engine mounting for alignment it measures exact same from one side to the other. The anti cavation plate is about 3/4 inch above the bottom of hull. I can move the motor down one hole but not sure if that would make any difference. I tried to get a couple pictures but i need to pull out of shop first. The motor has power trim i have played with that trying to make it better but no luck. the only thing on The back of hull is speedometer and a transducer they are both mounted on the right hand side.