Bimini help

I have a boat that is missing the rear support pole for my Bimini three bow. How do I find a replacement or is there a pipe I can use for the job. That would come in handy as I think I have two bent lower pieces as well

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Go to a canvas shop and they will cut a piece the exact size you need and sell you the fittings.

The don?t sell aluminum pipe at home depot or something like that? And the ends, is it worth upgrading them to the metal ones or just stick with the nylon fittings?

ronward

Petty Officer 1st Class
Would the Brunswick in your name mean Brunswick County, NC?

Lol no. I am actually head mechanic for Lakewood lanes, in Waterbury, ct. Brunswick comes from those are the brand of machines we have, no I DO NOT reflect pool tables. I get asked that question all of the time.

ronward

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oh ok. There is a place here that you can get anything aluminum you could imagine

ronward

Petty Officer 1st Class
Come to think of it , iboats sells aluminum tubing. I think the brand name is Taco maybe.

I found a website yesterday that sells 2 40? tubes with hardware for like $25. So score on that one. I have so much to do to this float pain, that this is the last thing to do. But being that I am new to the larger boats, I jumped from a small 14? up to an 86 Bayliner Ciera 2550 st, I am in explore mode as I take the things out. Surprisingly it is the original blue cab Bimini that came with it. Minor patch to the roof and the missing/bent poles and one of fifty knocked off the list

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I had an 85 2550. Great boat for it's size. If it has the OMC Cobra outdrive read up on it. King Cobra is ok.

No cobra, it came with a aq270 mounted and a spare unit. So between the two I will have a good unit and some spare parts. It?s one cost saved.

I?m hoping so, it?s a long ways off from splash though. Small leaks abound on it from windows and hatches, no engine, redoing interior, a random hole cut in boat behind l lounge, and a complete arch rebuild. But at least I have the Bimini top so shade me while I slave.

Rick Stephens

Admiral
My first real job as a high school senior was wrenching on Brunswick pinsetters. Well, most of the time welding on them, or dipping old worn pins in a plastic pail to recoat the tops. Great job, really. A ways back, 1974-5

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
You have a rwto thread yet?

Btw not sure of the size the random hole but I've seen ac units intalled that way.

i took off my arch. No real need for it.

roffey

Commander
I have a Bimini top on my boat and rarely use it, maybe once or twice a year. I was told you can't go over 45mph with the top up?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I have a Bimini top on my boat and rarely use it, maybe once or twice a year. I was told you can't go over 45mph with the top up?
Probably because of where you live. In a sunny area which gets hot, it's always up.