Spectrum boats website

daddyduck

Cadet
Looking for a website for spectrum boats or blue finn, i can't find nothing in serches. I need a new capacity sticker for my boat because mine is badly faded.<br /> Thanks.

jasper astro

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Spectrum boats website

I had the same problem. Could not find anything on Spectrum. Try Fisher, they have the alumaweld Fisher Spectrum boat now.<br />Thats the only thing I could find.<br />I was trying to find a windshield for my console.<br />15.9 Ft Spectrum Alumaweld.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The old Blue fin/Spectrum is gone, bought up by Brunswick, along with Fisher. Then the sold Fisher to Tracker Marine (Bass Pro Shop).

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I doubt they will be much help.<br />I wonder if the Coast Guard keeps records of the plate info?<br /><br />What year and model Spectrum do you have?<br />Do you need to replace the plate, I mean, does the boat need to have a plate on it at all?<br />My old boat doesn't have one.

daddyduck

Cadet

It's a 91 spectrum 16' open bow<br />I had a inspection on it by the coast gaurd and they saiad it was to faded and needed to be replaced to pass inspection, they told me to con<br />tact the manufacter to get a new one?<br />It's the sticker on the dash that show the capacity of boat and max.HP. ect.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Found this on the CG AUX site. Number 3 and 4 seem to address the situation.<br /><br />1. A Capacity Plate is only required on monohull boats less that 20 feet in length (except sail boats, canoes, kayaks and inflatable boats) for which construction began on or after 01NOV72. This is a Federal Requirement. The capacity information is to be supplied by the boat manufacturer. Also, it must be posted so it is visible by all passengers.<br />2. If your boat is required to have the Capacity Plate and the plate is missing, for whatever reason, obtain a new plate from the boat manufacturer. In some cases, a dealer, for your particular boat, can help. The name and address of the manufacturer should be in your Owners Manual. The name of the manufacturer should also be shown on your registration documents. Also, the first three letters of the boat "Hull Identification Number" will identify the manufacturer. (Hull Identification Numbers are required on all boats manufactured after 01NOV72 and are to be affixed on the transom near the starboard side or on the starboard side near the transom.)<br />3. To get a replacement Capacity Plate, you will be required to tell the manufacturer the exact Hull Identification Number. It would also help to have the length and model number for the boat.<br />4. If the boat manufacturer is out of business, our suggestion is to have copies of correspondence available, to show you attempted to get a replacement Capacity Plate. Also, use good boating judgment by not overloading the boat and use a reasonable size engine for the size of the boat.<br /><br /><br />If Brunswick or Fisher/Tracker Marine won't help you, maybe have some printed up at a decal shop. Make sure you get sun resistant decals, like bumper stickers. Replace as necessary.<br /><br />??

lchupito

Recruit

Hi,
I Also Am Looking For A Capacity H.p. Rate Sticker For An Old 1994 Spectrum 18 Fish Ponton Boat?
Any Help Out There??
Thanks
Lchupito

cd taylor

Recruit

I can't find the spec plate on my spectrum either. It's a pontoon but looks like you split a V-hull to make the toons.It handles like a trihull and I'd like to put more horses behind it if possible. It has a nice running 90 but the top end is about 32 mph. Would also like to find imfo on the props. I think I can pull a 19 degree prop and that would help the speed some but hate to spend the money for a 19 or 21 if I can't pull it.