Need Advice on Mounting a Kicker Bracket in "Blind" Holes

Jeffrey Pentz

Recruit
Hello all, first post here. I?ve used the expertise on this site before when the search engines have led me here and I?ve always been impressed by the willingness to share.

I have a question regarding mounting a bracket for an auxiliary motor on the transom of a 18? aluminum boat. The inside of the transom is accessible at the centerline in the bilge. The inside of the transom is not accessible at the sides due to decking and foam filled compartments. The main outboard engine takes up most of the room over the bilge, meaning that the bracket for the auxiliary would be far enough from the centerline that I would not be able to access the transom from the inside when mounting it.

Is there an acceptable way to mount a bracket where you can?t access the inside of the transom? Rivets? Rivet nuts?

The boat is a 2015 G3 1860VBW, a welded aluminum jon with 6 degrees of deadrise and a 60 inch floor width. The transom is approximately 84 inches wide at the top and 20 inches high, with a 2 inch thick, 8-10 inch deep top spanning the entire width of the bilge for mounting motor with knees below that. The main is a Mercury 90hp 4 stroke Command Thrust remotely steered and sitting on an Atlas 6 inch hydraulic jack plate with 4 inch setback. The kicker will be a low hp long tail mud motor tiller handle that will not be asked to plane the boat. Weight should be 100-140 lb range. I?m open to suggestions on the bracket.

Photos will follow when I get home and any input will be appreciated.
  • Jeffrey

alldodge

Staff member
Looks like the factory has done this before, just clamps on

http://www.g3boats.com/angler-v19-sf

angler_v19_sf_yamaha_w:_kicker_motor.jpg