Steel flex and other coatings

88evinrude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I have a couple of questions about this Steel flex coat it and the like.My first question is can it be put on with out flipping the boat since that is not an option? I can however raise it off the trailer enough to work around the bunks.My next question is there any special steps I need to take other than cleaning the hull thoroughly? Thanks for any help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Are you asking about Flex Seal as seen on late night TV or Goop Coat-It?

Flex Seal will not stay on the hull after the slightest scratch, not even on an air boat with a screen bottom. It will peel off.

Coat-It is not UV safe and needs to be painted on the exterior to stay intact.

Are you trying fix some leaks?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I think he's talking about the Fasco Steel Flex. I've only seen one use here that I remember, a member painted the outer hull and the bottom of his SeaNymph aluminum boat. He flipped it for the application so I don't know but I do know painting anything upside down is horrible. He hasn't been back in about 2 years to his thread to update on how the SF stuff worked out. DO a forum search for it and you'll see a few threads that mention SF.

He used the black SF and this is how it looked.

ECE2E433-1D40-40B1-B2C9-46A973DC7A60.jpg

88evinrude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you for all the suggestions and info folks.Ga boater you are correct that is the boat I am looking to do this to and yes it is leaking some in the keel and around the transom rivets its not the worst but its annoying me enough that I want to try and stop it..Jbcurt yes it is riveted.Waterman you are correct on the product in question.