2000 Chriscraft Sport Deck 232 Missing Fresh and Gray Water Tanks - Where to find?

spencerkechi

Cadet
Last year we bought a pretty nice 2000 Chris Craft Sport Deck 232. We looked it over carefully but failed to realize that fresh and gray water tanks had been removed until after we bought it. This would not have been a deal breaker even if we had noticed, but I really wanted to be able to use the sink. I have not been able to find the part numbers for the tanks that go in here. I have talked to Chris Craft, and although they were very friendly, they do not have records that go back that far. All they could tell me was that the tanks are 8 gallons each and they recommend I post something on a Chris Craft forum. This boat is no classic, and I could not find a Chris Craft forum that seemed appropriate, so we thought we would try here based on past experience.

I have attached a photo of the engine compartment where the tanks should be. I am hopeful that somebody might be able to send a photo of what it should look like, and perhaps I might even get lucky and somebody would know exactly what tanks we need and where we can buy them. I thank your for reading this!

Brandon
Valley Center, KS

Attachments

• IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 4

jbcurt00

Staff member
17+yrs later, I suspect you'll end up having to use custom tanks or any tanks that will fit, not necessarily factory originals.

ChrisCraft may have special ordered specific tanks, or found off the shelf components that fit. But either way, I'd bet they were installed before the upper and lower halves of the hull were joined. So back then they were easily dropped into that space.

Now you'll have to get them to go back into that spot thru the engine compartment opening. 8gal tanks may or may not slide back in there.

Aftermarket grey and fresh water tanks are available. Based on its dimensions, will any of these tanks fit
http://www.iboats.com/Todd-Water-Hol...iew_id.1184991

http://www.iboats.com/Moeller-Waste-...-view_id.39183

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,...... These guys most likely have what yer lookin' for,....

If not, something that'll work for ya,.....

My ole houseboat dumps the grey water, overboard,....
It has a freshwater tank, 'n a black-water tank,....

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
You boat most likely discharges the sink drain water directly overboard. Take a look under the sink to see if the drain is in place and where it goes.

spencerkechi

Cadet
wrvond is correct. I did not realize that gray water could be ejected overboard. In any event, the sink drains out the side of the boat, which means I only need 1 eight gallon tank. Not sure how I missed that. It is starting to look like I just got off the boat when it comes to boats. I am hopeful that I will find a tank that will fit through the seat opening.

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Been looking at your picture - that clear plastic "dome" shaped piece is your water filter (more accurately a screen). While not visible, that white braided hose coming from the filter should go to a water pump, and there should be a way to turn that pump on. Either a switch at the helm to turn on water systems, or a switch mounted at the sink.
Also not visible in the photo is a way to fill the water tank. Is there a fitting on the deck that you unscrew to pour water into? There may also be a "garden hose" type threaded fitting to connect a water hose to when pier side.
Here is a link to a possible source for your tank:

spencerkechi

Cadet
The picture does not really show the hoses well. The hose you refer to runs to the sink. It appears the sink has a manually operated hand pump. In the bottom right hand corner of the photo there are two hoses. One is like a garden hose, the other is fatter (about 1 inch). Both of these run to the outside of the boat where the water is put in. I think the garden hose one is a vent hose, the fat hose is where you pour the water in. I cannot think of any other reason both of them would attach to where you pour in the water.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Pic below is our Chap's engine room, that there's a 20 gallon tank. Not sure if you can fit a 20, but from a visual perspective, an 8 gallon water tank at less than half that size should fit in your boat no problem...
chapengine2.jpg

spencerkechi

Cadet
thanks for the pic. Your boat has much more room to work than this chriscraft. I think they expected munchkins to fix things when they designed it.

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I live in Tampa Bay Area and this marine surplus p,ave is located about a mile from where CC were manufactured back in those years and they have a wide selection. Of new surplus parts for all manufactures including allot of CC. I have a 1999 CC bow rider and have bought a fair amount of stuff from them.

http://www.marinesurplusinc.com