2002 Blue Wave 180 Classic Bilge Pump wiring

5string

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My bilge quit working and I've been tracing the wiring. The pump and float switch work fine cause I cut them and wired directly to battery so it has to be a wire or connection problem. In the front of the console in the storage compartment is a fuse panel and there is one marked BILGE. I tested that connection and fuse, it is good. so I tried to trace the bilge pump wires, they are black and white in a gray sleeve that disappear into a hole that eventually gets to the console. The switch marked bilge is gone BUT there are 2 wires twisted together right where that switch would be. One leads to the fuse panel and is the bilge hot wire and the other goes into the pipe in the floor and I would assume it is the bilge hot wire but it is a brown wire? How that wire could be brown when the wire leaving the bilge is white, must be a splice somewhere but the bilge wires that are connected to the pump are fastened or glued cause I cant budge them once they go into the hole under the floor. I put my meter on the wire at the console and the white wire at the pump and it acts as an open wire. so either the only wire running from the bilge fuse panel connection is not the bilge wire or is broken, open somewhere in between. Now in the bilge area is 2 hoses running from the front area of the boat, one goes to the live well but I have no idea where the other is coming from. Blue Wave is no help at all, I called and emailed them and asked if I could get a layout of how this boat was built and possibly a wiring and plumbing layout, nothing. I like the boat, nice center console that drafts 11 inches of water and with the 90hp Yamaha it moves fast. I'll try to just run a new wire back to the bilge but some things will probably remain a mystery. Maybe someone with a 180 classic blue Wave boat can shed some light.

5string

alldodge

Staff member
This is the typical bilge wiring, and note the alarm is not always used

Bildge pump auto.jpg