19' Bow Rider Achor Winch???

Quick3201

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have been looking for help mounting an electric anchor winch on the front of a bow rider boat. Not the ultra expensive large cruiser type. Looking at the houseboat 35# winch but use the fluke anchor, 3' chain 50,' 5/16 rope. Need to anchor in 5-20 ft salt water, tides, current, and wind. Can't figure out where to mount winch and how to secure anchor in front of boat,
HELP!!

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
It would be helpful to know boat make and model or a picture of bow area.

That being said. Bowriders don't have the best provisions for an anchor davit, but that's where I'd start if you're insistent on a fluke anchor. There are more compact models available (designed mostly for fishing boats), but most of them are for use with mushroom anchors. Most don't work with chain unless you go to a windlass (which is what you said you didn't want)

I bought a power anchor winch from iBoats for my last cruiser and with no chain, was able to hold in very rough conditions. I was using a plow style anchor, which you might be able to use depending on bow/davit arrangement)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
5/16 rode on a 19' boat may be a bit light. I ran 1/2" and had 150' of rode and 6' of chain on my 19' sea ray. I only anchored in 20' of water, and sometimes couldn't get the anchor to hold.

Are you looking for a winch or windlass?

Quick3201

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry for the late reply, I don't always check the forums. Thanks for the suggestons.

Quick3201

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

What I need is a 12 year old to pull the anchor for me :<)

Attachments

• photo253920.jpg
    photo253920.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
That is an awesome looking ramp!
To achieve what you'd probably have to enclose at least a portion of your bow. Which really shouldn't be too difficult. Then mount the Angler 25 Auto Deploy Anchor Winch

Mod EDIT: content removed. Please remember iboats is an online retailer and dont post links to competitor sites

Last edited by a moderator:

Quick3201

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That is an awesome looking ramp!
To achieve what you'd probably have to enclose at least a portion of your bow. Which really shouldn't be too difficult. Then mount the Angler 25 Auto Deploy Anchor Winch

Mod EDIT: content removed. Please remember iboats is an online retailer and dont post links to competitor sites

The ramp is at Sunset Harbor, NC ICW side of Oak Island. Put in by NC Wildlife Commission. Shot at low tide. It s a great ramp. They need to dredge the chanel out to ICW.