Dateline speed boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

juneyie

Recruit
Can anyone tell me the model of this dateline speed boat. It is 14ft, I have just bought it so only know it being a Dateline, although it has Scorpion on it as well. Any info would be great, thanks. dateline.jpg

Attachments

• dateline.jpg
    dateline.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2
  • dateline.jpg
    dateline.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 2

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
Scorpion must be the model name of your Dateline boat. On a google search i only found a couple of youtube videos with Dateline boats and nothing else. It 'might' be from the 1970's but its just a guess :)

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard:

It looks new enough to have a HIN ... but, it doesn't look American enough to need to have one ;) If you can find a number stamped into the hull, or a capacity plate or perhaps on registration paperwork (such as your local constabulary requires) that might help a little bit.

None of my "go to" spots have anything about that manufacturer though.

juneyie

Recruit
Many thanks for replies. I have looked on Google images and found the name Pago but no further info.

spybot

Chief Petty Officer
That is the boat a dateline Pago the baby sister of the Bikini and the Bounty
They were built in the 70s and 80s in Kendal, Lake District, UK
I have a dateline broucher somewhere will send it over once i find it.

Terriea

Recruit
Hi.
Spybot - I'd love to see the Dateline brochure if you're able to put it online somewhere or send me a link to it please. I've had a Bikini for 17 years, and there's so little information about them. All I have is a magazine advert featuring the Bikini and the Bounty. If you can help that would be great!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi.
Spybot - I'd love to see the Dateline brochure if you're able to put it online somewhere or send me a link to it please. I've had a Bikini for 17 years, and there's so little information about them. All I have is a magazine advert featuring the Bikini and the Bounty. If you can help that would be great!

This thread has been inactive past our 90 rule. Please start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.